Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • Dave3891
  • Dave3891
10 Oct 2025 19:29
FlexGui custom buttons was created by Dave3891

FlexGui custom buttons

Category: Flex GUI

Hi,
I am working on a FlexGui for a waterjet and I want to have some custom buttons that call hal and emc functions. 
I see I can import a python module and do the "from functools import partial" to get the parent, but does the parent also pass access to hal and emc?

I am trying to make a custom stop button that will turn off some hal output pins with hal.set_p() and then call emc.abort() in python so it will turn off the jet and sand when pressed. I also need to make one that will pause by setting the hal pins off and setting the motion.adaptivefeed to 0.

Any help would be appreciated
  • Fastfred
  • Fastfred
10 Oct 2025 19:26
Replied by Fastfred on topic Gmoccapy tool setter install "errors"

Gmoccapy tool setter install "errors"

Category: Gmoccapy

Made the change net tool-change-request iocontrol.0.tool-change.
 
  • nanowhat
  • nanowhat
10 Oct 2025 18:59 - 10 Oct 2025 19:06
Replied by nanowhat on topic Axis control via ModbusTCP

Axis control via ModbusTCP

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I have made some progress:

I have had to set the axis velocities to constant values (500000, where the encoder has 524288 counts per revolution), since I don't see any HAL pins from the motion planner that carry that information. I will see about writing a custom HAL component that can interpolate velocity from waypoints.

I assembled a MB2HAL config file, and loaded it as a userspace component through halrun. With that, I could control each motor, with no perceptible lag between command entry and motion.

I can control the motors through Axis, but in G1 feed mode at the MDI, I get one step every second or so. For instance, I will command one axis to G1 Z1.0 F5.0 and it will move ~60° every second or so until the move is done. In G0 rapid mode at the MDI, there is a significant delay, again roughly one second between the time I press Enter and the time the motor begins to move. While the move is in progress, distance to go changes smoothly, but actual position (and the motor shaft) move in steps.
  • DerKlotz
  • DerKlotz
10 Oct 2025 18:50

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

Can you help me understand how Glade and Handler work? I've already created the switch and the LED. How do I now connect them so that pin 17 switches on and off? I'm completly stuck.
  • Digger011
  • Digger011
10 Oct 2025 18:45
Replied by Digger011 on topic Strugling with installation

Strugling with installation

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

I believe you referred to this to run

# rm /etc/{initramfs/post-update.d/,kernel/{postinst.d/,postrm.d/}}z50-raspi-firmware
# apt purge raspi-firmware

What should I do after that? I apologize Tommy, but I have no idea what should I do.
Thanks.
  • Dragan
  • Dragan
Displaying 12931 - 12936 out of 12936 results.
Time to create page: 2.585 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum