Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
11 Oct 2025 07:29

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

You don't need a handler for what you want.

Here is an example that creates a led connected to 'halui.machine.is-on' and a button connected to 'halui.machine.on'  

 

File Attachment:

File Name: example.ui
File Size:2 KB


 

File Attachment:

File Name: example_postgui.hal
File Size:0 KB
  • jefsaro
  • jefsaro's Avatar
11 Oct 2025 07:15
Replied by jefsaro on topic rotary axis brakes

rotary axis brakes

Category: Advanced Configuration

par contre , j 'ai changer les ligne de [axis_a] a [joint3]  et linux demarre sans erreur ,mais le frein ne fonctionne pas , une idee?
  • jefsaro
  • jefsaro's Avatar
11 Oct 2025 07:13
Replied by jefsaro on topic rotary axis brakes

rotary axis brakes

Category: Advanced Configuration

merci pour la reponse , quand je retire emcmot , j 'ai cette erreur.
  • unknown
  • unknown
11 Oct 2025 04:42

fixing "raspi firmware" errors on the official amd64 ISO

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

A small shell script
download the file and open the directory (containing the file)in a terminal 

File Attachment:

File Name: amd64-rpi-...-fix.txt
File Size:0 KB

cp amd64-rpi-firmware-fix.txt amd64-rpi-firmware-fix.sh
chmod x amd64-rpi-firmware-fix.sh
./amd64-rpi-firmware-fix.sh

You can delete the files when done.
  • kb58
  • kb58
11 Oct 2025 04:19 - 11 Oct 2025 06:00
Single-stepping through a G-file was created by kb58

Single-stepping through a G-file

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I recently completed a wire EDM machine (not my design) and LinuxCNC runs it, and though I have a sw background, I have zero experience with it.
The very first job it's running, "First Cut" is very simple, checking that the hardware works, powering everything up, making a simple straight cut, then backing out and powering everything down. Because of all the new hardware, I want to single-step through this short job. See below.
The issues:
There are two buttons, "Run" and "Step." I first tried repeatedly pressing Stop and it seemed to work at first, but after about the fourth press, the program took off as though I'd pressed Run. An online reference (AI generated) said to press Step once, then repeatedly press Run, which will advance one line of G-code at a time. Thing is, when I press Step, Run grays out and cannot be pressed, so I don't understand (hence why I pressed Step repeatedly.)
On a related note, when pressing Step, I expected LinuxCNC to indicate the line of G-code that's being executed, but it does not. It's possible that's because I'm not using Step correctly, that it's never being activated, but I don't know.
Lastly, after pressing Step once or twice (don't remember), I get the following error message: "Cannot use axis values without a G code that uses them." I don't know what this means. [Edit: looking online, it appears that this is due to the line "X20" appearing along by itself, with no G-code ahead of it. A puzzle is how the program advanced all the way to the X20 line when I only pressed Step a couple times...]

Thanks! 

PS: the last line of the attached file is G30 (it was on the following page)
 
  • unknown
  • unknown
11 Oct 2025 02:59

fixing "raspi firmware" errors on the official amd64 ISO

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Hopefully this should cover it, and there will no need to have 2 pages per thread, per instance.
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
11 Oct 2025 02:51

fixing "raspi firmware" errors on the official amd64 ISO

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

I edited my previous post to reflect that it does require running both those lines.
Thank you.
  • COFHAL
  • COFHAL
11 Oct 2025 02:10
Replied by COFHAL on topic AC Servo change to run

AC Servo change to run

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

You can configure it as C axis using the caxis or orient component, and work in both functions, i.e. in velocity or position mode.
Displaying 12886 - 12893 out of 12893 results.
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum