Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • Ilysha
  • Ilysha
30 Sep 2025 00:39
Replied by Ilysha on topic Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

Category: Computers and Hardware

Hi everyone! I’m new to Linux and Orange Pi, but I’m really eager to learn and figure things out. I would be incredibly grateful for your help. Could someone write a simple, step-by-step guide—from a fresh Armbian installation to a fully working setup, including using files from a disk? I’m really trying to understand everything and I’ve already exhausted ChatGPT! Please, I would deeply appreciate any guidance you can give
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
30 Sep 2025 00:26 - 30 Sep 2025 00:28

Extremely confused - Nonworking limit switches

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

So LinuxCNC setup (2.9.4) with 7i96S initially set at IP address 10.10.10.10:

mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid
(works)
LinuxCNC with 10.10.10.10 IP address works and inputs work
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --set ip=10.10.10.11
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --reset
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.11 --readhmid
(works)
LinuxCNC with 10.10.10.11 IP address works and inputs work
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.11 --set ip=10.10.10.10
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.11 --reset
mesaflash --device  7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid
(works)
LinuxCNC with 10.10.10.10 IP address works and inputs work

Did nothing else (never ran ip command at all)


 
  • ffffrf
  • ffffrf
29 Sep 2025 23:33 - 30 Sep 2025 00:20

Extremely confused - Nonworking limit switches

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I do power cycle the card each time, this is what it outputs with ip a:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host noprefixroute
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 34:17:eb:c5:16:36 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
altname enp0s25
inet 10.10.10.1/24 scope global eno1
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever


Keep in mind after using mesa flash to change my card's ip to 10.10.10.11, I can ping it but linuxcnc wont connect to it until I do:

sudo ip addr flush dev eno1
sudo ip addr add 10.10.10.1/24 dev eno1
sudo ip link set eno1 up
sudo ip neigh flush dev eno1

ping -c2 10.10.10.10
mesaflash --device 7i96s --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid

and if i restart my computer I have to redo that code, but I imagine I just need to set it as permanent, but nontheless it does not fix my issue even when linuxcnc and pncconf can communicate with the board on its new ip address


EDIT:  when I run a temporary hal instance via 
halrun
loadrt hostmot2
loadrt hm2_eth board_ip=10.10.10.11
loadrt threads name1=servo-thread period1=1000000
addf hm2_7i96s.0.read  servo-thread
addf hm2_7i96s.0.write servo-thread
start

and use getp to get the value of the pin, the limit switch DOES work

 
  • ShemJ
  • ShemJ's Avatar
29 Sep 2025 23:17

can't pass a home-mode negative number to ethercat drive with setp in HAL file

Category: HAL

I've got Leadshine EL8 servo drives talking over ethercat and am trying to get sensorless homing to work.

With the help of the forums, specifically this post , I've found a way to request a specific homing mode. In the EL8 drive documentation, all the torque based sensorless homing modes are a negative number.

setp lcec.0.0.home-mode -6

is what I'm after. Other modes such as mode 35 which homes in place, works just fine so everything appears to be in order. As far as I can tell, the positive number homing modes work fine, but not the negative ones. I can't tell if this is a drive problem or a linuxcnc problem.

Would there be any reason why I can't pass a negative number? Syntax maybe?
HAL file
#*******************
#  AXIS X
#*******************

setp cia402.0.csp-mode 1
setp cia402.0.pos-scale 1677721.6
[b]setp lcec.0.0.home-mode 35[/b]
setp lcec.0.0.home-hi-speed 500000
setp lcec.0.0.home-lo-speed 500000
setp lcec.0.0.home-acc 100000

Displaying 13291 - 13294 out of 13294 results.
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum