Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

28 Jul 2023 05:20

Mesa card 7i76e no longer has +5v

Category: Driver Boards

+5v and 3.3A current draw was measured from wall plug power charger to the card, but i don't know where the power gone, as i touch on components by finger, i can't find out hot or warm area, I don't have infra-red camera to shot the hot spot area. Zero voltage was measured on JTAG jumper's 3.3V pin
28 Jul 2023 04:58

Last time, when i powered on machine and found that the failure in ethernet connection, I also found that, in computer side, the properties of network card all set to disable, i checked through Windows enviroment as it is dual boot system, i turn them on manually.
Afterwards, in Linux conditon, the 7i76e card still cannot be connected, then I found the cards' +5v power failed. Did it damage by high voltage surge throught internet connection? When i checked the X, Y, Z axis drivers control box, their normal green LEDs still lit, they don't have problem and would not be the issue to cause the failure in Mesa card. Afterward, i pulled the card out from the controller enclosure box and used individual +5v power supply to input the logic side for checking, the result as listed previously. It is a mobile phone wall plug 3A charger, the PWR failed indication LED on Mesa card flashed only a short preiod of time and turned off completely, zero volage was measured to input to logic side, no hot or warm components can be observed. Would the mirco-controller chip already failed?
28 Jul 2023 03:45

That's a REVB board with no 5V TVS, Not a lot of parts run from the 5V,
mainly the step/dir drivers you might try a lab supply or other 5V supply
limited to about 2A and see what gets hot if left on for a bit.
28 Jul 2023 03:07

Thanks for the quick reply, attached are two photos of the board. Could you show me which one is the said TVS diode? what description or spec. of it is? Can i get one in market?
27 Jul 2023 19:37

If this is a C rev card, it may be that the 5V TVS clamp diode has been damaged
by an overvoltage. This would show up as a 5V short.
27 Jul 2023 18:28
Replied by beefy on topic linuxcnc general features

linuxcnc general features

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

hi i am using linuxcnc and i have mesa 7i76e board. Where can I find Linuxcnc general features? How many MHz does it run at? How many lines of code does it have read-ahead capability?

Heaps of information starting here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/

27 Jul 2023 18:16

The card and cnc hardwares used to work well for almost a year. Yesterday, when I power on, I found error message that ethernet connection dose not reach. Looking at the card, the orange LEDon field power area side  lights up but but not for the red one on logic side. The card used to have one 12VDC voltage supply for both the field power supply and unregulated power supply (on TB3 for logic side) use. When I measure all the TB2 and TB3 +5V output sockets, they show only 1.7V. I detached the unregulated power supply for logic side and use individual 5v power source to P3 socket, the red LED just dimmy flashs. I measure the P3 connectors voltage, it went to zero. I detached the power source and measure P3 resistance, it is 12 ohm, it seems not reasonable. Are there something already dead?
18 Jul 2023 19:00
Replied by spumco on topic connect CL86T to 7i96s

connect CL86T to 7i96s

Good afternoon,

Another related question: what cables in mm2 are you using and how long should they be?

For step/dir signals I buy ethernet cable and cut it to length.

I use 22AWG shielded/stranded.

Two twisted pairs get connected to the complimentary pair on the drive (STP+/STP-, DIR+/DIR-)

The other two pairs can be used for drive alarm and enable, or a second drive's step/dir if the drives are really close together.

Shield drains connected to ground point as close to 7i96s as possible.
18 Jul 2023 17:52
connect CL86T to 7i96s was created by Lord

connect CL86T to 7i96s

Good afternoon,

after doing some research I found this topic to be the only one containing (for me important) information on how to connect CL86T to 7i96s.

As a non-English speaker I have a lot of trouble to understand manuals especially those in Chinese-English. That is why I would like to know which pin of CL86T to connect with which pin of 7i96s.
  • All pin names are CL86T on the left and 7i96s on the right, if not other specified
  • I assume that DIR+ / DIR+,
  • and DIR- / DIR- need to be connected
  • From above linked topic i found that ALM- is being connected to GND
So I have left these pins on CL86T:
PUL+&- (what is that for?)
ENA+&- (what is that for?)
BRK/PEND+&- (as far as I understand the brake. Because I do not have a brake in my closed loop stepperdriver, I assume I don't need them)
ALM+ (the alarm positive which needs to be connected too... somewhere...)

These pins are left on 7i96s:
+5v (do I need that?)
STEP+&-

Manuals for both are attached.

Another related question: what cables in mm2 are you using and how long should they be?

Thanks for your help
14 Jul 2023 20:16

7i76E spindle won't run in reverse

1.net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm => pid.s.command

should be
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs => pid.s.command

2. Is the VFD programmed for ENABLE/DIRECTION rather than FWD/REV?
14 Jul 2023 18:06

7i76E spindle won't run in reverse

I am at a loss. I had someone help me with diagnosing wiring, everything seems to be set up correctly but I get no response on an SxxxM4 command. Any help would be great!
I'm using Linuxcnc 2.8.4
Mesa 7i76E card
Huanyang HY series VFD

10 Jul 2023 02:18
Replied by PCW on topic error finishing read

error finishing read

Watching

hm2_7i76e.0.packet-error-total
and
hm2_7i76e.0.read.tmax

Will give you more information sooner than waiting for a fatal
cluster of latency hits
07 Jul 2023 07:26

Trouble connecting Mesa 7i76e with Debian 12 Bookworm

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

probe basic is based on qtpyvcp. You need to ask in that section of the forum.
Alternatively, give qt_dragon a try as it's part of Linuxcnc.
You will need to update to the latest Linuxcnc by following these instructions as it's a pretty new GUI so changes happen frequently.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/getting-start...an_bookworm_x86_only
07 Jul 2023 00:25
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa Suppliers

Mesa Suppliers

Filipe should have 7I96S + 7I95T + 7I92TM later this month

Sorry, he does still have a low amount of 7i92TM, but not the rest.

We should have 7I97T protos (7I97 replacement) soon
7I77s will be a while as they require re-design

OK, so leaving this for later, maybe.
The thing is, they lost the 7i77.
They have 2 machines (Elumatec and Hurco), both use 7i92 or 5i25 with 7i77 and 7i74 and 7i70 and 7i71, but someone took 7i92 form Hurco a while back and now they lost 7i77, the rest is there. Hurco was not used waiting for a big a$$ VFD and Elumatec is in daily use. They also have a plasma with 7i76E and THCAD in daily use.

An interim solution for Analog drives is a 7I95T and a 7I83,
7I96S+7I89+7I83 or the 7I97T proto

Hmmm how come i did not know about 7i83??? That can also be used through a 7i74 or 7i96S or ....

The 7I77 replacement (7I77U) like the 7I76EU can do sinking or sourcing outputs
under software control

Oh how niceeeee, no more soldering mess for me! :)
-
Welectron in Germany seems to have over 10 of 7i96S
www.welectron.com/Mesa-Electronics-7i96S...-Ethernet-Controller
Question, does adding a 7i85 or 7i85S to 7i96S do encoders? I always mix those as i never used the 7i85/S and still not sure what it can do, despite reading several times, i keep messing those up. I think i read here that one of those can be used for encoders, so do not shoot if i am wrong! :)
-
Thank you for everything, especially for the awesome support.
07 Jul 2023 00:07

Trouble connecting Mesa 7i76e with Debian 12 Bookworm

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Well I made some progress! I did finally get the board connected and was able to run my original config in axis and Gmoccapy…now I’m stuck on getting probe basic to work. It immediately goes to the error log without starting correctly…I have not bought a 1080p monitor yet as I was just verifying I could get it all installed and working…the probe basic sim works ok with whatever screen resolution I have there is just a couple menus cut off, so I assumed this would be the same with the real thing…i know it’s ultimately necessary to use a 1080p monitor to properly use probe basic but am I required to have a 1080p monitor for the real config to even launch? Thanks, Andy
Displaying 571 - 585 out of 647 results.
Time to create page: 1.796 seconds