Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
12 Jul 2017 08:06 #95712 by rodw

Hello, I am new and considering the topic so far I have not seen such a solution analog read pic 12f765

File Attachment:

File Name: serial.zip
File Size:19 KB
. Is it possible to indicate such an analogue input for the voltage at the GMOCCAPY PLASMA.

This isn't a question about Gmoccapy but about plasma hardware. Most people monitoring plasma torch voltage are using the USD $69 Mesa THCAD card which converts torch voltage to a frequency that is sent to the spindle encoder where it can be read by LinuxCNC. I think you will find the serial port is far too slow to be useful.There is some discussion on this thread about alternative ways to sample voltage. forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...estions?limitstart=0
Perhaps if you read that thread and ask your questions there but preferably raise a new thread in the new plasma and laser section of the forum which did not exist when the above topic was created.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2017 11:24 - 12 Jul 2017 11:25 #95718 by stivemaster13
Excuse me again about the "math" : P questions, but if you use the v/f converter, can not the frequency be sent right at the microphone input of the computer?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jul 2017 11:25 by stivemaster13.

More
12 Jul 2017 12:23 #95721 by rodw

Excuse me again about the "math" : P questions, but if you use the v/f converter, can not the frequency be sent right at the microphone input of the computer?

I think you should ask your questions in a more appropriate section of the forum as more people with the right knowledge are more likely to see it and offer their help. Based on my experience though, plasma is a pretty complex project and you may well be better off using a Mesa card ( I am using a 7i76e ethernet card and the THCAD). This gives you 32 inputs and 16 outputs plus infinite expandability. That way you will be building a machine rather than building software components where there are no footsteps to follow...

More
23 Jul 2017 20:20 #96318 by Robi63
You can integrate NativeCAM as in the two images.
Adding a button that invokes NativeCAM.
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2017 18:10 #97749 by remrendes
Hi guys!
Probably just I'm a beginner, but where can I find a step/dir config for gmoccapy? The Axis gui works fine, but on this I can not jog.
Only the coutnters are moving, but none of the motors do nothing.

More
20 Aug 2017 12:55 #97780 by newbynobi
Hallo,

probably you are running a sim config.
Have you run stepconf or have you done an own hal configuration?

If you want to use gmoccapy, just change the entry DISPLAY = axis to DISPLAY = gmoccapy. If the config does start, than just follow the documentation to get all the benefits from gmoccapy.

Norbert

More
20 Aug 2017 14:14 #97785 by remrendes
Great! Works! Thanks!
Thank I just need to learn the new gui, but it looko much more professional than the basic.

More
20 Aug 2017 20:35 #97795 by newbynobi
Just look my YouTube videos for a global look around:-)

Norbert

More
21 Aug 2017 07:26 #97808 by remrendes
I tried, but could not find your channel.

More
21 Aug 2017 08:24 #97809 by tecno

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds