Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
18 Dec 2013 15:25 - 18 Dec 2013 15:28 #41740 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

the signal panel is not the problem, as it must have certain width. If you make only the signals widget smaller, than some of the gcode info will be hidden.

I was thinking in placing the most important button on the right side in between the right button and the main frame as right panel, but as I do not know what are the important and have to be changed during machine run and what are only used some time, I will not decide the changes jet.

I would prefer also to move the limit LED to the signals panel, but we got a place problem also on that side.

Norbert
Last edit: 18 Dec 2013 15:28 by newbynobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2013 15:30 #41742 by newbynobi
@All:

is someone still using the gscreen error system? showing the errors in the status bar? If not, I am thinking about removing the status bar completely, iMHO it only waste space.

I would like to include button for spindle speed increase and degrease as well as for feed speed.
So pushing the buttons will not increase the override, it will increase the programed speeds.

Till now it is only a idea, as I am still busy with tool measurement.

Norbert

More
18 Dec 2013 20:45 #41755 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I agree with changing the actual requested feed rate rather than the machine rate. You can have a parameter in the INI file to say by what percentage you can override the program feed ate. So if the max is 100% and the feed rate was F1000 then we will end up with F2000.

Please confirm that we are not running the gmoccapy_plasma.glade skin. I make changes to that and it does not appear anywhere.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
19 Dec 2013 00:05 #41773 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

after a fresh pull, there shouldn't be any more files called gmoccapy_plasma in the directory you specified.

All relevant files are located now in:

/configs/sim/gmoccapy/gmoccapy_plasma

and the main screen is located in :

/share/gscreen/skins/gmoccapy

If you want to work on the real machine, please copy the relevant files from the sim directory to you config folder and edit the files there.

I am sorry for the mess with the file locations, but it seems that Garret has reworked the complete config picker and that made the relocation necessary.

If you want to modify label of the main screen like getting rit of the % of speed, make sure you do not use a translated version, because the label will be overwritten with the content of the locale file.

Norbert

More
19 Dec 2013 01:54 #41780 by mariusl

If you want to modify label of the main screen like getting rit of the % of speed, make sure you do not use a translated version, because the label will be overwritten with the content of the locale file.

I am not sure what this entails but I am just using the screen as is in the directory. If we have to change the locale files you will have to direct me.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
19 Dec 2013 01:57 #41781 by dgarrett
Please see the commit message of:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...4fba80d75855bddfa38e

The goal here is to simplify the presentation of configs by the configuration picker AND to make sim configs run both in a RIP build and in an install from a deb.

Installing from a buildbot deb is much simpler for users who don't want to learn how to build a system from scratch, install all the dev packages, learn the intricacies of commandline autogen.sh, configure, and make, etc.

More
19 Dec 2013 02:07 #41782 by mariusl
Norbert
I see that the MDI interface is not available if not homed. If the FORCE_NO_HOMING option is set, then one should have MDI available.

As far as I know, all functions should work as if homed if the NO_FORCE_HOMING option is set.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
19 Dec 2013 02:19 #41785 by mariusl

Please see the commit message of:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...4fba80d75855bddfa38e

The goal here is to simplify the presentation of configs by the configuration picker AND to make sim configs run both in a RIP build and in an install from a deb.

Installing from a buildbot deb is much simpler for users who don't want to learn how to build a system from scratch, install all the dev packages, learn the intricacies of commandline autogen.sh, configure, and make, etc.

Thanks Garret, it makes sense. Just confused me for a while. Not so difficult to these days :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
19 Dec 2013 03:40 #41795 by newbynobi

Norbert
I see that the MDI interface is not available if not homed. If the FORCE_NO_HOMING option is set, then one should have MDI available.

As far as I know, all functions should work as if homed if the NO_FORCE_HOMING option is set.

Let me check that tomorrow, I just shut down my dev-computer.
It should work if the NO_FORCE_HOMING is set in the INI. I corrected that long time ago, but Chris just change some homing options in gscreen, so this may affect my settings.

Chris,

if you are still awake, could you check that?

Norbert

More
19 Dec 2013 15:49 #41815 by cmorley
Ok Norbert fixed :)

Chris M

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds