Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0

More
03 Feb 2019 17:08 - 03 Feb 2019 17:16 #125587 by newbynobi
Hallo,

I am proud to be able to announce the next generation of gmoccapy. Release 3.0 is about to be pushed to master.

- It will support up to 9 axis!
- No limitation of configuration of joint or axis.
- Support of lathes with additional axis like a XZCW configuration.
- It will support up to 16 macros!
- If a angular axis is used a additional jog vel slider is shown.

And a lot of stuff under the hood. Widgets like DRO are generated on the fly, according to the configuration, so on 3 axis machines we save resources.
No need any more to maintain additional list to handle the hardware button and a lot more.

As soon as this release is stable and mostly bug free, I will begin with a new GUI based on Qt, please feel free to mention wishes.

For the very brave of you, just get a copy from gmoccapy_3_0 github

Norbert
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Feb 2019 17:16 by newbynobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, tommylight, verser, Clive S, tivoi, Jedi, RomeReactor, chrisfairbrother, vmihalca, Weiler810T and 4 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 18:31 #125595 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Just did a quick test of the sim configs and they work.

More
03 Feb 2019 19:53 - 03 Feb 2019 20:04 #125602 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Hi Norbert,

I did not expect a new release of Gmoccapy 3.0. I thought maybe a robotic program was your new plan.
It looks good !

please feel free to mention wishes.

Here my wish list :

I will begin with a new GUI based on Qt

Why not first become Opengl expert? ( it's a joke. I asked mr. Morley for some advise... so i watched opengl videos today on youtube. )
- preview ngc + dxf in gremlin, expand gremlin just like the minecraft Opengl tutorial on youtube, but then c coded instead of c++.

Why not first make a C coded dxf to ngc converter displayed in Gremlin, with option linuxcnc python gui command's like : convert, or optimize nearest startpoint, or edit options ?
- Lead in and lead out are important, based on G40 codes makes it more independent.

I think 65% - 85% new users will try QT. And many person's are already busy with it.
But there are some important other item's left just for expert's to investegate and release some day.

We still can not hire an openGL expert by voting or other democratic way, because there is no donate section at the forum.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2019 20:04 by Grotius.

More
03 Feb 2019 20:12 #125603 by Gommiswald
Replied by Gommiswald on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Hi Norbert

Just a question: The restriction to 55 tools - is this restriction now away, so that I can use as much tools as I have. And in Lathe: Is it now possible to use several tools in the same tool pocket (if a tool turret is in use)?

Regards
Daniel

More
03 Feb 2019 20:45 #125606 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
@grotius,

exactly because of my robot, i needed more axis than gmoccapy did offer till today?
The change to a robot based GUI is now as simple as building a plasma cutter??

The open gl part is just a matter of learning, but there is no documentation of gremlin, so it is not even clear how the logger works. So that preview part is not only a open gl issue, but also a linuxcnc secret.

Dxf2gcode is availible, just make some test with that and use it as filter for your work.

Norbert

More
03 Feb 2019 20:48 #125607 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
@Daniel,

the limits you mention are not related to the GUI part, they are limited by linuxcnc. I have done some testings on the work Rene-dev has done, and imho we, better he is on a ghood way. But for sure much more time than availible is needed to finish the tool part.

Norbert

More
03 Feb 2019 22:17 - 03 Feb 2019 23:42 #125614 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Hi Norbert,

You have done a wonderfull job with your new release. I just did some wishes. I like your screenshot with the G40 offset's, it say's
a lot to me, but that was not the case a few month's ago.

Dxf2gcode is availible, just make some test with that and use it as filter for your work.
I am happy with dxf2gcode, i can use it, but it's to slow for my new type of machine. I need a conversion within 1 second's.

Just looking for the same property, only c coded, no google program coding style, with all respect for mr JT.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The change to a robot based GUI is now as simple as building a plasma cutter??
I think yes. You can do it. And off course i will help you. If you need parts, i can cut them for you. And in Germany i know a
Thermal Dynamic's guy. He can also arrange part's for you. I am a good person, and i know when i can give parts for free.

Norbert, please test 64 bit Ethercat. It's the diamont of linuxcnc.

I have done some testings on the work Rene-dev has done

Is rene_dev the one that has tried to implement reverse speed with eo ? To implement the work of reverse-feed you have to be lucky...
Here you go : github.com/grotius-cnc/stable all fertig mont's ago finished. When i must do it again on next releases, I make spare time for maximum concentration while manual converting on github.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2019 23:42 by Grotius.

More
09 Feb 2019 14:51 - 09 Feb 2019 14:52 #126056 by chrisfairbrother
Hi Norbert, My wish : I really miss the “normal” terminal listing when browsing for a new file to machine in gmoccapy. I store my nc files remotely on a nas and I like to see the time/date stamp of the file I am about to machine especially when I have just re-postprocessed it.
Fixer has kindly created a modified iconview.py that I use that produces the listing I require. Link to Fixer’s post

forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/31746-iconview-filebrowser#82004

Keep up the good work.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 14:52 by chrisfairbrother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shu

More
09 Feb 2019 19:39 #126076 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Hi Norbert
I have not tested but a question.
I have not changed anything on your gui, but some adaptations in the hal's.
Do you expect that everything works after a simple upgrade to V3?
Mike

More
09 Feb 2019 23:28 #126107 by thadwald
Replied by thadwald on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Can you please instruct me on how to get gmoccapy 3.0 on LinuxCNC 2.8 preempt?

Thanks

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds