Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0

More
04 Jul 2019 21:49 #138647 by vmihalca
Replied by vmihalca on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Will the probe screen work with gmoccapy 3.0?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2019 07:10 - 05 Jul 2019 07:10 #138676 by auto-mation-assist
Norbert, I just had a chance to look look at your latest work after returning home from touring the lower 48 states. I hope to be update to your latest version soon. It looks like you have put a lot of work into it and I commend you for your continued work to improve the user interfaces to Linuxcnc.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2019 07:10 by auto-mation-assist.

More
05 Jul 2019 16:42 - 05 Jul 2019 16:43 #138696 by YRCNC
Replied by YRCNC on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Hi Norbert

Thanks for the reply, and I can believe its lots of work, ;-), but there are a lot of people thankful for your efforts! Including myself! We had a discussion last night at our club meeting about GMoccapy...

Have a good weekend!

Ruben
Last edit: 05 Jul 2019 16:43 by YRCNC.

More
13 Aug 2019 16:45 #142041 by javanree
Replied by javanree on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Is there any chance of an option when in lathe mode to either hide radius or diameter readout in the DRO ? I really dislike seeing both , as I personally never use radius.

More
13 Aug 2019 17:06 - 13 Aug 2019 17:07 #142045 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
Hallo javanree,

I have never thought about such an option.
It was quite a lot of brain stuff to integrate both DRO at the same time. I did that, because i did not like the unique X axis show from other GUI. One has a black background, that is the one the mode is active. It is not possible for you to just ignore the grey backgrounded DRO?

I even have integrated, that the jog steps do take care of the amount of movement. If you are in radius mode and do a step jog of 1 mm the X axis will move 1 mm, resulting in a diameter loss of 2 mm. If you are in diameter mode, the axis will only move 0.5 mm, resulting in the wished diameter loose of 1 mm. All other GUI do not care about that!

Hope you van live with that at the moment. If more people wish also a pure XZ Lathe mode, I may think about an command line option to realize that.

Or you edit the gmoccapy.py file and search for all appearance of Combi_DRO_9 (that is the second DRO) and comment out all that lines. I do not recommend that, as I do not see if there are any side effects doing it.

Norbert
Last edit: 13 Aug 2019 17:07 by newbynobi.

More
13 Aug 2019 18:26 #142065 by javanree
Replied by javanree on topic Annoncing gmoccapy 3.0
I very much appreciate all the hard work , and yes I know and very much value how much effort you've put in the radius/diameter modes and how they work seamless , it's the main reason I chose gmoccapy

But it's just that for me, seeing multiple lines change at once while being very concentrated on something works distracting and I am afraid I might mess up a setup.

I will have a look at the gmoccapy code to see if I can arrange it to my liking without breaking anything...

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds