More
16 Mar 2019 17:14 #128757 by biqut2
Replied by biqut2 on topic Spindle ccw hanging

Hallo @all,

I checked with
gmoccapy 1.5.9 from linuxcnc 2.7
gmoccapy 2.3.5 from master
gmoccapy 3.0.2 from my development branch

All do work as expected, if you set a min spindle rev to 500 rpm on the settings page and than change to MDI mode and enter
S100 M4
you will have a spindle running reverse with 500 rpm and label shows S -500
enter S100 M3
you will have a spindle running forward with 500 rpm and label shows S 500

IMHO in the case mentioned here, it has had another reason, that reverse did not run. May be spindle.speed-out is not accepted by the VFD, as that value is negative, many VFD need absolute values to work properly.

So in short, I am not bale to find an error in gmoccapy code.

Norbert

Its working correctly now so I'm happy with the solution of changing the minimum speed in the pref file. The only side effect I can think of is that its now possible to command a speed lower than what the machines capable of. That shouldn't ever be a problem unless someone programming the machine makes a typo.

The two concerns I have with your latest post are that this problem is being produced by touching/clicking the button in the gmoccapy gui, not from the MDI screen and also spindle.speed-out has no control over the vfd. The way everything is hooked up we're basically tuning one relay on for CW and turning another relay on for CCW. Its essentially being run open loop. As long as the output changes state that is all that matters and the screenshots posted earlier in this thread show that the output state was not changing in hal before the config change and it started changing state after the config change.

Either way thank you for your work on gmoccapy and linuxcnc, I am in the process of setting it up for all of my cnc machines to create a consistent interface from machine to machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 08:50 #128801 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Spindle ccw hanging
Thak youfor your feedback. I am very interested in finding out what happen with your config and a solution for the feature. Could you please test with min spindle rev set and MDI command?

Does that work as expected?

Could i get your complete config folder to check all in there and that way find what happened?

Norbert

More
17 Mar 2019 09:16 #128804 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Spindle ccw hanging
In my gmoccapy plus huanyang config I had to add a small feature. If run stays on a change of direction is not accepted by the VFD. When changing direction I disable the run signal for a few msec. Works perfect in all modes.
Mike

More
18 Mar 2019 11:57 #128884 by biqut2

Thak youfor your feedback. I am very interested in finding out what happen with your config and a solution for the feature. Could you please test with min spindle rev set and MDI command?

Could i get your complete config folder to check all in there and that way find what happened?

Norbert

Had a busy weekend, I'll get my config directory copied and uploaded hopefully this afternoon when I get to the shop.

@Mike the vfd doesn't play a part in the issues I was experiencing, you can recreate it with the outputs not even connected to anything, Hal isn't changing the output state for whatever reason.

More
18 Mar 2019 19:58 #128918 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Spindle ccw hanging
That was what I understood..
Just don't be surprised when your outputs work later on as they should, only motor not. ;-)

More
18 Mar 2019 22:14 #128933 by biqut2

Norbert

Here it is, just copied it from the machine. It is working as is. This is after I edited the minimum rpm line.
Attachments:

More
18 Mar 2019 22:23 #128935 by biqut2

That was what I understood..
Just don't be surprised when your outputs work later on as they should, only motor not. ;-)

I do appreciate the concern. I can go straight from CW to CCW or vise versa with no ill effects. The VFD is configured to coast to a stop and comes to a stop and then immediately reverses. This particular model doesn't have a braking circuit hence the reason its configured to coast. I'll link a video of it going from a stop to 1000rpm CW to 1000rpm CCW to 1000rpm CW to a stop.

drive.google.com/file/d/1vSIZohK_h-mSk8s...AAI/view?usp=sharing

More
20 Mar 2019 17:46 #129085 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Spindle ccw hanging
@bicute2

I checked your config, and cleared that one a little bit. It is still containing a lot of unnecessary stuff added by PNCconf.
In first step I just cut all spindle related parts of your config and made a new hal file called spindle.hal.
Second step was deleting everything not needed.

I tested your config as good I could, but I do not have your hardware. I set spindle limits to be 550 till 3800 rpm.
In my test environment it is working with forward and reverse as it should. May be the halui pin caused a problem, I really do not know.

I changed the name of the postgui hal file, as it does only contain gmoccapy related connections. I changed the tool change part to use the gmoccapy dialog and added some lines to display the tool offsets, being active. That way you do not need any more the hallib folder in your config (hopefully you do not need part of that folder for your embedded tab)

Could you please copy the attached config to your machine and just test the spindle part?
Please watch:
  • motion.spindle-forward
  • hm2_5i25.0.gpio.028.out
  • motion.spindle-reverse
  • hm2_5i25.0.gpio.029.out
  • motion.spindle-on

and report!

If this works so far, we will go on to clear up your files ;-)

Norbert
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
20 Mar 2019 19:48 #129102 by biqut2
Thanks a lot, I will try it out tonight and report back.

More
21 Mar 2019 01:56 #129134 by biqut2

@bicute2

I checked your config, and cleared that one a little bit. It is still containing a lot of unnecessary stuff added by PNCconf.
In first step I just cut all spindle related parts of your config and made a new hal file called spindle.hal.
Second step was deleting everything not needed.

I tested your config as good I could, but I do not have your hardware. I set spindle limits to be 550 till 3800 rpm.
In my test environment it is working with forward and reverse as it should. May be the halui pin caused a problem, I really do not know.

I changed the name of the postgui hal file, as it does only contain gmoccapy related connections. I changed the tool change part to use the gmoccapy dialog and added some lines to display the tool offsets, being active. That way you do not need any more the hallib folder in your config (hopefully you do not need part of that folder for your embedded tab)

Could you please copy the attached config to your machine and just test the spindle part?
Please watch:
  • motion.spindle-forward
  • hm2_5i25.0.gpio.028.out
  • motion.spindle-reverse
  • hm2_5i25.0.gpio.029.out
  • motion.spindle-on

and report!

If this works so far, we will go on to clear up your files ;-)

Norbert

Just copied it over to the machine and ran it. The button in the gmoccapy gui exhibit the exact same behavior as before. CW works and CCW does not and it hangs everything up to where the CW wont work either after you try CCW. I can confirm that M4 works just fine from the MDI screen so the problem seems to have something to do with the CCW button in the gui. Monitoring the pins in halshow, everything stays red when I click CCW. Hopefully this helps.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds