Debian 10 Dependencies

More
01 Nov 2019 13:53 #149361 by pevlabs
Replied by pevlabs on topic Debian 10 Dependencies
Hi Andy,
I have not had the time to try this just yet. I should in the next night or two. Will reply so there is a record here of success or not. Thanks for checking in!

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2019 14:01 #149491 by pevlabs
Norbert,
The python-gtk install got me further. However I can not get past python-vte using the buildbot install method, which was a goal. I searched for a version of that in SID but did not find anything for Debian Buster. I will see if I can find a way to tell the system to skip this dependency during install as I really only need the AXIS interface.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
linuxcnc-uspace : Depends: python-vte but it is not installable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel

More
05 Nov 2019 07:40 - 05 Nov 2019 08:07 #149579 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Debian 10 Dependencies
I was able to get an Intel64 bit Buster machine working by installing the following deb packages:
python-gtksourceview2_2.10.1-3_amd64.deb from packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/python-gtksourceview2/download
libvte-common_0.28.2-5_all.deb           from packages.debian.org/stretch/all/libvte-common/download
libvte9_0.28.2-5+b2_amd64.deb            from packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/libvte9/download
python-vte_0.28.2-5+b2_amd64.deb         from packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/python-vte/download

Edit: This is for a Run In Place build.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2019 08:07 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, lrak

More
06 Nov 2019 03:21 - 06 Nov 2019 04:21 #149669 by phillc54
I have just done two new installs with Buster on my Intel 64 bit machine and installed Linuxcnc.
You will need to copy the package links and paste them in your browser as the forum didn't like the amount of links in the post.
For both I started with a vanilla install using the netinst ISO from here

Buildbot Install:
Warning: Spoiler!

Run In Place Install:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 06 Nov 2019 04:21 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, lrak

More
06 Nov 2019 13:06 #149707 by pevlabs
Part of my goal was to have customers be able to do an easy install by just adding the builedbot line to their Debian 10 install stanza as individual package installs will be toomuch for them to handle. Along with potential breaking the packages when upgrading. I do have a question about your links which I do thank you for posting. You say you are using an Intel 64 machine but the links are for AMD (which is correct for me). Should you be using the Debian Main i386 instead of the Debian Main AMD54 trunk?

On another note I found an online archive of the linuxCNC developers dealing with these dependancies for Debian 10 and they are trying to get them removed. Seems most or all are there for alternative interfaces by other developers and its up to them to make adjustments.

For now I am just going to do what you did and force install packages that have been deprecated and removed from the OS.

Brian

More
06 Nov 2019 22:52 #149770 by phillc54
AMD64 is 64 bit for both AMD and Intel CPU's www.debian.org/ports/amd64/

Why not just use the Stretch ISO?

More
07 Nov 2019 07:04 #149809 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Debian 10 Dependencies
From gmoccapy side, only gtksourceview is needed. As soon as i find time, i will try to make a buster machine and search for a solution.

Norbert

More
20 Nov 2019 13:06 #150750 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Debian 10 Dependencies
python-gtksourceview1 becomes available if you add the Sid repositories to Synaptic.

More
29 Dec 2019 12:20 - 29 Dec 2019 12:22 #153429 by CNCFred
Replied by CNCFred on topic Debian 10 Dependencies
Dear all...
I followed linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html
How to build linuxcnc and it worked.
I find this the easiest way with a recipe. I used it yesterday on the raspberry pi4 and today on debian buster notebook.

Next problem... Is how to get an entry for the menu and all the wizards now.
Or how to start them....
. /linuxcnc in ~/linuxcnc-dev/scripts I can start.

Next step I guess is how to configure... 7i76e etc.... I am lost...what a learning curve...
Last edit: 29 Dec 2019 12:22 by CNCFred.

More
05 Apr 2020 00:31 - 05 Apr 2020 01:01 #162729 by sgnelson
Replied by sgnelson on topic Debian 10 Dependencies
Thanks for this. However, I was going through this and I discovered that a few of the packages listed by Phil are no longer available on the "sid" debian repository. Notably libboost-python1.62.0 (though I guess a slightly order version is available under stretch), and python-gtksourceview2.

I've been trying to combine these notes with Andy Pugh's on setting up the RTAI kernel. So far not much success. I keep finding myself in dependency hell, or just weird behavior. I can install the kernel no problem, but getting linuxcnc to install from his .deb file hasn't worked so far. I'm going to try again, and if I can't get it to work, try just compiling it from scratch.

Edited to add: Buster didn't like libboost-python1.62.0, it said that python3.7 broke it. I went with 1.67.0. And that works. Sweet!
Last edit: 05 Apr 2020 01:01 by sgnelson. Reason: updates

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds