PathPilot 2.0.2 adding rtlib's

More
26 Apr 2018 05:49 - 26 Apr 2018 05:50 #109633 by emptyhb
@Stigoe, dinkata:

Can you send me linuxcnc folder you're using to compile rtlibs? and instruction how to compile.

I can check what am i doing wrong.

My email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2018 05:50 by emptyhb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2018 05:53 #109634 by dinkata
I just put it Mesa 5i25 ;) ....
then edit some files ....:woohoo:

More
26 Apr 2018 06:02 - 26 Apr 2018 06:04 #109635 by emptyhb

Any of you guys using a parallel port? Curious what you bypassed.

Why don't you try edit tormach_lathe_sim.hal? If you have hal file working with 1.9 version, you can replace it with old content
Last edit: 26 Apr 2018 06:04 by emptyhb.

More
26 Apr 2018 07:25 #109636 by DaOne

Any of you guys using a parallel port? Curious what you bypassed.

Why don't you try edit tormach_lathe_sim.hal? If you have hal file working with 1.9 version, you can replace it with old content

I have a heavily modded 1.9.13. I added many things to the UI by editing the glade files and the python files. I added many inputs and outputs in the python files. Stuff like a physical button for both cycle start and feed hold. A real MPG and a few other things. Its gonna take going over each of my modifications to see if they will work the same way in 2.0.4 as the did in 1.9.13. Like I say one step at a time and I am booting this on a real PC not a VM. Sim works just fine in a VM. If I put a mesa card in the real box I get the non sim working. I have a 9x20 lathe that I am doing these tests on. I hope to have some more time tomorrow to play with it. I am sure I can bypass all its checks but just trying to make use of my time wisely and not reinvent the wheel if someone else has already done this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
26 Apr 2018 10:01 #109640 by Stigoe

@Stigoe, dinkata:

Can you send me linuxcnc folder you're using to compile rtlibs? and instruction how to compile.

I'm creating a how-to on how I did it and there it will be links to download all necessary files, but it will take a couple of days to finish it. But you can find the LCNC files under www.linuxcnc.org/dists, but I'm not sure for which distro I downloaded. I believe it may have been for precise, but I need to check when I get home. The file under wheezy had a slightly different size from the one I used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emptyhb

More
26 Apr 2018 10:51 #109642 by emptyhb
@Stigoe: I've one question, why you're not using Linux mint on pathpilot pc for compile?

More
26 Apr 2018 12:38 #109648 by Stigoe

@Stigoe: I've one question, why you're not using Linux mint on pathpilot pc for compile?

I don't want to risk screwing up my PP install. Besides, I can sit by my regular PC instead of the PP PC, although it's currently right behind my back at the moment since I haven't installed the electrical cabinet and PC by the lathe yet.

More
26 Apr 2018 14:46 #109659 by emptyhb

I don't want to risk screwing up my PP install. Besides, I can sit by my regular PC instead of the PP PC, although it's currently right behind my back at the moment since I haven't installed the electrical cabinet and PC by the lathe yet.

Thank you! after download 2.7.8 source from your link, compile and test. I dont know what different bettwen source but it work!

More
04 May 2018 03:07 #110164 by dinkata
DaOne wrote: If you are interested in editing the python code I can tell you what I did there to add external buttons.
Please share if it's not a secret

More
05 Nov 2018 04:56 #119970 by fmacri0618
Hey,

Did you ever finish your “how to?”

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds