PathPilot 2.0.2 adding rtlib's

More
15 Apr 2018 02:25 #109044 by DaOne
Awesome. Care to tell us the details?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2018 02:59 #109047 by emptyhb
I can't talk about it, but what i'm showing give you a way to make component working with new version of PathPilot.

More
15 Apr 2018 03:54 #109051 by DaOne
I assume you are using the components from 1.9.x ?

More
15 Apr 2018 04:35 #109053 by emptyhb

I assume you are using the components from 1.9.x ?

Yes

More
15 Apr 2018 05:19 #109054 by DaOne
I wish you were able to explain a bit on what you did to make this happen. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you want to keep it private.

More
18 Apr 2018 12:21 #109245 by emptyhb
You can apply update UI by overwrite file, and then step by step fix problem until done!

More
22 Apr 2018 18:37 #109440 by Stigoe

I am desperately needing to add the missing rtlib files to pathpilot 2.0.2 such as classic ladder, mux16 etc. I am unable to build or find the correct ones. I even tried installing Linuxcnc 2.8.0-pre1-3696-gcb7d6bc onto the pathpilot mint OS to steal the files from that install. They don't work. Can anyone help me to figure this out? I had everything working under 1.9 but I would like to upgrade to 2.0.

If you're still struggling, I can tell you what I did to be able to compile at least one HAL component (toggle2nist) and getting it to work with PP2.0.2.

I installed Linux Mint 17.3 (same version PP is running) in a VM, downloaded kernel 4.11.9, patch-4.11.9-rt7 (again, same as PP 2.0.2 is running) and LinuxCNC 2.8.0 to the home folder. Following the instructions from building linuxcnc-dev on ubuntu 16.04 preempt-rt kernel and Complete HOW-TO Linux Mint 18.1 32/64 RTAI or PREEMPT with RIP install or deb , I built kernel 4.11.9-rt7 and rebooted. I had to install quite a lot of modules to fulfill all the dendencies. When that was done, I compiled LinuxCNC, but I did not do "sudo make setuid" and rip-environment, as shown in the first post. I packed together the linuxCNC folder and copied it to my regular PathPilot install and unpacked it in /home/operator/repos/tormach_linuxcnc. After I had verified I could start PP, I tried to compile my HAL component. Just trying halcompile gave me a command not found, so I had to give the path to both halcompile and the component. In addition, I had to copy several rtapi-files over to the same directory as the component to compile. After I had copied all necessary files over, the component compiled and was copied over to ~/tmc/rtlib and I could use it in my hal-files.

Hopefully this can be of help to someone. Otherwise, all this typing has been a waste of time... :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Millper1

More
22 Apr 2018 23:26 #109466 by DaOne
That is awesome. I tried to replicate but not having any luck.

Any chance I could get you to compile these for me?

charge_pump.so
classicladder_rt.so
limit2.so
lincurve.so
mux4.so
mux8.so
xhc_hb04_util.so

Thank you in advance if you are able to help. If you are interested in editing the python code I can tell you what I did there to add external buttons.

More
23 Apr 2018 05:48 #109480 by Stigoe

charge_pump.so
classicladder_rt.so
limit2.so
lincurve.so
mux4.so
mux8.so
xhc_hb04_util.so

Thank you in advance if you are able to help. If you are interested in editing the python code I can tell you what I did there to add external buttons.

Sure. I'll try to get it done this afternoon. I take it you're also running kernel 4.11.9-rt7 x86-64 PREEMPT?

Hopefully, I'll be able to add the needed code in the HAL-files, but if not, I'd love to know how to add buttons otherwise.

More
23 Apr 2018 16:03 #109498 by Stigoe

I've just sent the files to your email address. I don't know if I would be able to attach them here, so I figured email was better...

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds