Pathpilot 2.14 - Z goes opposite

More
03 Oct 2018 11:41 #118400 by racedirector
One last thing I am going to try, I'll relink tic to V2.0 and see what happens. If my keys work with that version (the original I was on) I will investigate 2.14 further, if not its back to standard LCNC......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2018 12:52 #118401 by racedirector
Definitely weird

Relinked tmc to 2.0, fired it up and hey presto my PgUp & PgDn keys work as expected.

Relinked back to 2.14, fired it up and they are backwards again.

Going to try the edit above and see what happens.

More
03 Oct 2018 13:48 #118404 by racedirector
Ok, I got one thing wrong in an earlier reply....

Z does not go down when commanding from the MDI. If I tell it to go to -2 (") it goes up in 2.14 and down in 2.0. There is more to this than just the jog keys.

Will install 2.13 and see whats next, maybe it will go sideways instead!

More
03 Oct 2018 13:51 #118405 by andypugh
This now looks like a simple problem, you just need to reverse the axis.

Servo or stepper?

More
03 Oct 2018 13:53 #118406 by racedirector
Stepper....

I currently have all scale values as negatives, that makes my axis go the right way to the keyboard. Before I say more, I did take the negative off the Z scale and no change.... which I thought was weird.

More
03 Oct 2018 14:36 #118412 by andypugh

I did take the negative off the Z scale and no change.... which I thought was weird.

Weird enough to make me wonder if your config is using the HAL / INI that you think it is...

More
03 Oct 2018 14:55 #118413 by sharmstr

Weird enough to make me wonder if your config is using the HAL / INI that you think it is...

/gcode/logfiles/pathpilotlog.txt will tell you that info

More
04 Oct 2018 05:12 #118427 by rafferty
Z moves correctly with my setup.

Updated to v2.1.4, told the picker it's an 1100-3 to create a config file, edited the config which is just changing the AXIS sections limits, scale and homing values to what I used for PathPilol V1.n.n.

PageUp moves the head up and DRO goes more positive, PageDn does the opposite as expected.

However I have a problem with Z homing, it could be mechanical or electrical. Homing fails with a message about home switch active before latch move. The odd thing is that once the error has occurred the Z-Home button will not do anything, even with limit switches disabled. And it gets worse, if I persist with homing and trying to move Z off the limit switch the UI eventually locks up, I have to Cntl-C out of PathPilot and am left with a ghostly UI that needs a kill signal to get rid of it.

Not saying this is related to "Z goes opposite" but it looks like V2 is not as robust as V1 was. A problem with homing shouldn't bring the machine to it's knees. Never had a problem with V1.

More
04 Oct 2018 06:10 - 04 Oct 2018 06:11 #118429 by racedirector
Hmmm, thanks for your input.

Maybe thats what I'm doing wrong, I just transferred my files from the 2.0 into the 2.14 install thinking it would work.... obviously not! Maybe if I let it create its own something will change.

To be honest I am losing faith the PP as time goes on, being hostage to a company outside of Linuxcnc doesn't seem to be the best situation. While I am not a great fan of Gmoccapy I am feeling more and more that this is the way to go for now. I have spent far too much time lately trying to get PP working that I am not using my machine. Its a bit pointless have a 2400x1200 router sitting these doing nothing.

I went with PP due to the screen, there seem to more GUIs coming that have peaked my interest. I will dust off the 160Gb HDD and install Mint 18 64bit and have at it I think....
Last edit: 04 Oct 2018 06:11 by racedirector.

More
04 Oct 2018 07:12 #118430 by rafferty
There's a few changes in the ini files between v1 and v2 but I don't know if they would reverse Z motion.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds