Pathpilot 2.14 - Z goes opposite

More
04 Oct 2018 09:29 #118432 by andypugh
Is V2 based on LinuxCNC 2.8?

If so then you may need to pass the INI / HAL through the config conversion script.
I can imagine that PathPilot wouldn't do that, Tormach will just provide known-good configs for each machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2018 09:39 #118433 by racedirector
Yes, V2 is 2.8-pre. Going back to LinuxCNC should be relatively simple given their files use 5i25's and 64bit Linux Mint

When you upgrade from 1 to 2 the pathpilot install does the everything for you. It was quite painless really. I took one of their ini's and hals and changed it for my machine. They have also added 3 new machine configs for their latest machines in 2.14

More
04 Oct 2018 09:43 #118434 by rafferty

If so then you may need to pass the INI / HAL through the config conversion script.

"config conversion script" ? Can you elaborate on that please?

More
04 Oct 2018 10:22 #118436 by andypugh

I can't really answer for PathPilot

LinuxCNC has this script: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/scripts/update_ini

That converts LinuxCNC 2.7 to LinuxCNC 2.8 format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rafferty

More
04 Oct 2018 10:24 #118438 by racedirector

You shouldn't have a problem, you converted one of Tormachs. Andy is right, Torch only supply working configs for their machines and you have done it the right way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rafferty

More
28 Oct 2018 03:03 #119534 by racedirector
Well, I am back on 2.14.

2.14 Pathpilot is definitely only for 3 axis machines, not for dual axis gantry machines. There is a lot of code referring to their 4th axis which uses stepgen.03 which would be the 4th. On my machine stepgen.03 is my Z.

A couple of places in the code they change the scale to suit what type of 4th six is attached, that caused my Z to have a weird scale set to it. Fixed that and my travel returned.

However I still have not figured out the wrong way for Z so I just changed the key press directions in the code. I will still try and figure that one out but for now the Z goes up with PgUp and down with PgDn. I tried "negative-using" the scale in the ini file, didn't work. I tried inverting the direction on the gpio pin, that didn't work either. I even deleted the redis dump file to no avail.....

Just be careful if you decide the use 2.14 on a gantry machine. it might not do what you expect.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds