Snuggly's Plasma Build

More
31 Oct 2018 22:47 #119733 by snugglylovemuffin
Having serious problems with endstops. If I comment the pins out I can't get the machine off e-stop. If I leave the pins on, I get pin errors and can't move the machine... Wtf?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2018 23:06 - 31 Oct 2018 23:35 #119736 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Yo men,

Your switch offset in your ini is problably at zero. (home offset value... use -5mm for example and try it.)

Try one of this :
#HOME_LATCH_VEL = -1
#HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -20
#HOME_FINAL_VEL = -1
#HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
#HOME_OFFSET = -2
#HOME_SEQUENCE = -2

HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0
HOME_FINAL_VEL = 0
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
HOME_OFFSET = 0
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0

So homing sequence -2 is mostly used for 2 motors on x axis together. (-2 is not -2mm... !!!! IT IS
A HOMING SEQUENCE.... not my favority solution. but is works.)
if you use -3 for y and -4 for z. It wil do this axis for axis homing procedure. Takes very long time.
Home sequence 0 = oke without homing.

So a good option when you are at production scale. To have multiple linuxcnc start desktop pictogram's.
One for homing and one for no_homing. The you are master dude.

To the programmers. The Homing procedure documentation is a mess, even Gmocappy struggles with this issue.
So i don't struggle with this, I made a c component for homing. And it is all solved.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2018 23:35 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
31 Oct 2018 23:32 #119738 by snugglylovemuffin
My apologies for double posting, I was on my tablet because my wireless network card doesn't play nice with Linux. Any suggestions for a new wifi dongle that will work properly?

I will change those offsets. Stay with me Grotius, if we can get this figured out I'll be happy to put my V2 plasma plans up on here for all to use (I'm not a fan of IP).

More
31 Oct 2018 23:47 #119739 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Snuggly,

Stay with me Grotius

I think i would help you trough your progress. So would Rod do, So would Tommy do, So would PCW do, So would Andy do, so
would everyone do that i not have named. You are at the right forum.

More
01 Nov 2018 00:37 #119741 by snugglylovemuffin
I appreciate it man, this is clearly not my forte. I'm going to keep on plugging through the night so that I can start my test cuts by this weekend.

What does your work flow look like? I've tried using fusion360 and have gotten some advice, however inkscape doesn't seem to play nice with Axis. I'd like to know what you guys are doing to get from start to finish.

More
01 Nov 2018 03:34 #119747 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Inkscape, Sheetcam to LinuxCNC. I only cut full sheets so using Gcodetools is a PITA. If you are cutting single parts Gcodetools is part of Inkscape and works well for basic cutting. My configuration is based on the Gmoccapy UI. If you are not a skilled cnc machinist (know basic Gcode well) start with a very simple shape (square of known dimensions) and practice with Inkscape and Gcodetools until you get a good file that imports correctly to LinuxCNC.

Take the time to get your basic machine motion working correctly before trying to plasma cut, you will be miles ahead in the end.

John

More
01 Nov 2018 18:29 #119776 by snugglylovemuffin
@Grotius: I tried modifying the INI to reflect your suggestions and I'm still getting the "joint on limit switch error"; I realized I made a mistake, my limits/home are NC for a low level signal because of the HF plasma.

@Islander261: I was planning on tuning my machine as best as I can; I've heard pulling files through inkscape can affect the size of the file, have you had any problems with that, is there a solid solution?

Machine won't jog until I can solve this joint limit situation, I'm exploring a solution using debounce code. I will upload my hal/ini here soon. Still jumping back and forth between OS's because of this F*****ing networking issue <- taking up a lot more time than necessary

More
01 Nov 2018 20:08 #119787 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Did you check if you need pull up resistors on the inputs ?
Also do change the inputs to -in-not as suggested by Grotius.
Inkscape has everything you need for plasma, except nesting and even that can be managed by grouping things together. It does lead ins and lead outs but on all paths so that must be edited sometimes manually. It does change the dimensions when manipulating objects but very very small amounts.
The new version has a scaling problem, so do search google for inkscape wrong dimensions, there is already a fix for that. When importing dxf files, edit it and when done select everything and copy it, open a new window and paste it there, then do the path to gcode export, otherwise it will output the dimensions as pixels, so way to big.

More
01 Nov 2018 21:55 #119789 by snugglylovemuffin
In_not worked to sort the limit error for now. If you put in-not it throws an error. Linuxcnc is really particular!

I'll do some tests with inkscape, hopefully it'll work well because I only have the free version of sheet cam.

More
02 Nov 2018 02:04 #119799 by snugglylovemuffin
I need to home the machine, however because of the gantry i need to go into world/teleop mode... Which I can't get into because I need to home the machine. I've looked around in axis for a software "home", however I've not been able to locate anything. I also can't go into HIS until the machine is homed. How do I get the machine to think it's been homed so that I can actually home the machine?

I must be missing something

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds