Snuggly's Plasma Build

More
24 Nov 2018 23:51 #121310 by alan_3301
Replied by alan_3301 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
If you already have joint.3.motor-pos.cmd going to z-pos-cmd then change line 157 in THC.hal to read
net z-pos-cmd => mux2.5.in0 sum2.2.in1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2018 23:57 #121311 by snugglylovemuffin
I am just emulating the entire TOMA 7i77 file as much as possible. Running into a bunch of errors but I'm knocking a bunch of them out pretty rapidly by replicating the build. Might just try modifying his build.

More
25 Nov 2018 02:45 #121314 by snugglylovemuffin
I'm just shotgunning these files together and chasing down errors. We'll see where it gets me. Here's what I've got so far. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I'll be thankful when the machine starts making me money ;)

More
25 Nov 2018 21:45 #121346 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build

I am just emulating the entire TOMA 7i77 file as much as possible. Running into a bunch of errors but I'm knocking a bunch of them out pretty rapidly by replicating the build. Might just try modifying his build.

If you have steppers, do not use the 7i77 version, it is much easier to do the stepper version to work for you.
The normal stepper version should just have the references to parallel port changed to the 7i96 pins and signals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
25 Nov 2018 22:04 - 25 Nov 2018 22:06 #121349 by snugglylovemuffin
Perfect, I'll start working towards that end. This isn't easy man, I appreciate all the work you've done so far! As soon as I get this machine running I can start putting time and money toward an open source table; that way newcomers won't be so overwhelmed.

SHould I be on the lookout for any problems in regards to switching the files over to ETH?

I'll keep you guys updated, hopefully we'll see some progress today!
Last edit: 25 Nov 2018 22:06 by snugglylovemuffin.

More
27 Nov 2018 19:25 #121484 by snugglylovemuffin
@tommylight, How should I modify the "base thread" parport section in this file?

I'm having quite a lot of difficulty reconciling these files, would you mind helping me modify my existing files to work with this system? For posterity's sake if nothing else.

Been trying to integrate a THC into my machine files for more than a month and I've made exactly 0 progress.
Attachments:

More
27 Nov 2018 20:10 #121489 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
You do not need a base thread running because all your step generation and io is being done by your 7I96 card. You don't need any of what you posted, do not load that file or take the section out if it is actually in another file.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
27 Nov 2018 22:31 #121494 by snugglylovemuffin
pin "motion.spindle-forward" does not exist

I was able to get past this issue previously but now I can't seem to shake the error.
Attachments:

More
27 Nov 2018 22:45 #121495 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Look up the motion hal component in the docs. You will see that the pin name recently changed, no sleeping here.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

Read and reread and do the examples in the docs about hal configuration and use. Also study simple mill, router .ini/.hal examples until you understand them. Plasma is hard for new comers if you don't get the basics.

I uploaded a working but complex plasma configuration last week to a thread here. This is a very complex configuration for plasma. It uses a 7i76E and THCad board so will have all the .ini and .hal connections you need with simple name changes. It will not work with a Proma THC without extensive simplification.

John

More
27 Nov 2018 23:00 #121497 by snugglylovemuffin
yay... well that's not what I was hoping to hear. I appreciate that this isn't the easiest project to start with, but it shouldn't be impossible for a newcomer.

It was suggested that I try to modify TOMA, I modified the ETH version, I was told to modify the stepper version instead... I did. Now I'm supposed to go through and learn HAL from scratch so that I can make the necessary modifications?

I'd prefer, for the moment, if someone with sufficient experience could offer their help in getting my machine running. Quite honestly I feel like I'm being run around and wasting my time with linuxcnc.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds