Open Source Controller with internal THC

More
07 Oct 2020 19:47 #185299 by thefabricator03

@rodw

@thefabricator03
have you used octoprint?
how much faster is with new 32bit 3d printer boards. Does it have any opportunity in cnc?

Yeah I use Octoprint. I have only used it with a 32 bit main board so I dont have any thing to compare it with. I am sure it could be used for applications other than 3d printing. With the interface being browser based, it could open up a lot of possibilities for other CNC machines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2020 19:55 #185301 by thefabricator03

Well even if you don't want to sell them there must be another purpose right? What is the goal - a few people to take such a phone, just to prove to themselves that they can do it - to install their own Android and add whatever they want as an extra?

The thing is, people have used LinuxCNC for commercial purposes. Look at Tormach. PathPilot is a derivative of LinuxCNC.

I got in contact with one of the developers who worked on PathPilot a while a go and asked for a price for a project I am working on. He quoted in the 100,000 USD range to get the project finished to a comparable level as another program.

I understand what you are suggesting. And unless you or someone else is prepared to spend some serious money or devote a lot of time writing software, its not going to happen.

What we have now works. Ok its not perfect but it works.

More
07 Oct 2020 22:24 #185309 by Himarc3D
The rodw suggestion is another good one . lan cable is what people use in industry this days gor hmi
Because it’s difficult for me to understand you if you show electrical diagram its more simple for me to understand and learn too. Im looking for the safety part, the safety circuit. What im making is small compared with plasmatable.
So much information here at forum, im reading the forum backaward hahaha

More
08 Oct 2020 03:00 #185321 by pinder

That's right, buddy - it's up to installation and setup and how you understand this problem.
I no longer know how to explain to you that if you sell the latest phone model, but it does not have an OS, the fact that you have uploaded to several different places on the Internet, fragments from different Android, will not help you sell any phone.
Now you will say our goal is not to sell phones. Well even if you don't want to sell them there must be another purpose right? What is the goal - a few people to take such a phone, just to prove to themselves that they can do it - to install their own Android and add whatever they want as an extra?

I know people have done a great job on cnc-club.ru
We can work out a good solution. Dont lose hope. Its communiction problem, I understand.

Start a new thread and we can work for something new.

More
08 Oct 2020 06:11 #185331 by stivemaster13
Oh, unfortunately, the Russian forums are no longer what they used to be. In the past, the country I am from - Bulgaria, had very good relations with Russia and therefore, their language is much closer to me than English. This allows me to understand much better and to write and read in their forums. Of course, I am registered in 4 different Russian forums for CNC and actively read what is happening there, and when I have what I write about. In the case of the XC609M, I had to look for an opinion because this controller is common in Russia.
But nothing significant is happening there either. It is really strange that the real developers in Russia would not want $ 100,000, but on the other hand they do not tend to pay attention to another direction, in the development of LinuxCNC. They think it's not worth trying to shift real-time from PC and keep trying different ways to achieve real-time on the computer itself.

Anyway, I want to ask again - is there anywhere to download ISO, compiled specifically for a computer based on the X5-Z8300

More
08 Oct 2020 06:20 #185332 by thefabricator03

Anyway, I want to ask again - is there anywhere to download ISO, compiled specifically for a computer based on the X5-Z8300

I have not seen a ISO based on the X5-Z8300.

The closest I have seen is a ISO for the Raspberry Pi 4 , www.linuxcnc.org/iso/ ,

If you are prepared to do some testing, I am sure if you talk to some of the guys on the forum they can help you make your own ISO image for that specific piece of hardware.

More
08 Oct 2020 07:37 #185336 by PCW
Is there any reason to think the current LinuxCNC/Buster/x86 2.8 distribution
would not work on the Z5-8300?
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
08 Oct 2020 21:58 #185404 by Himarc3D
linux-hardware.org/index.php?id=cpu:inte...-z8300&page=1#status

But you are very experienced user so its trivial to remaster any flavour distro you like stivemaster13
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, pinder

More
08 Oct 2020 22:18 #185407 by thefabricator03

linux-hardware.org/index.php?id=cpu:inte...-z8300&page=1#status

But you are very experienced user so its trivial to remaster any flavour distro you like stivemaster13

That is a great web site. Thanks for sharing.

More
09 Oct 2020 08:40 #185446 by stivemaster13
Hello, interestingly, most of the people who write here have already seen and written in a similar topic. forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ard-like-mesa#185445

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds