Plasma made in a barn as cheap as possible :) and it's not going smooth

More
06 Apr 2020 07:05 #162860 by jay1st
Yup i've seen that, but having a choice of materials i plan on using frequently might be easyier to handle on long term i guess.

That is untill i get the cash for un upgrade to a Hypertherm 45XP, but those things are very expensive in europe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 07:08 #162862 by phillc54
I was just suggesting you do that for your testing. Then when you have all your parameters sorted you can create the materials.

Hypertherms are expensive down here as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay1st

More
06 Apr 2020 11:45 #162887 by rodw

All you need to do is use the default material (i.e. don't select a meterial in the gcode) and you can change any of the parameters in the Run Panel. If you type a value in then you DO need to press "Return".

But that implies one cut per run instead of a nice Gcode routine that cuts a series of lines at different heights or speeds which is how I dialed in my Everlast.

More
06 Apr 2020 11:48 #162888 by rodw

Could i use a Hyperthem table with speeds and rates depending on thickness as a base to start with ?

I doubt it. They seem to cut much faster than other machines. Maybe the Thermal Dynamics cut charts might be a better choice. They are slower.

More
06 Apr 2020 12:01 #162893 by phillc54

But that implies one cut per run instead of a nice Gcode routine that cuts a series of lines at different heights or speeds which is how I dialed in my Everlast.

So what is the required number of cuts to do it all in one run?

More
06 Apr 2020 12:20 #162894 by rodw

So what is the required number of cuts to do it all in one run?

I don't have an example here at home but I had a routine with a heap of variables at the top to define behaviour. So it would define line length, number of lines, start speed, speed increment and a flag that if set true, it would cut out the whole set so you could pick it up and turn it over to inspect. And a similar one to change cut height.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds