Air Drill/ Air Scribe

More
06 Sep 2019 06:15 #144322 by thefabricator03
Hi Guys,

I have taken rodw's advice and purchased an air drill to add to my plasma machine for drilling small holes,
www.totaltools.com.au/air-tools/air-dril...keyed-drill-si2015ad

I want to be able to switch between my air scribe and drill by mounting them on the same slide with a quick release lever to change them out.

In PlasmaC, what would be the best way to set up the drill. I take it it will need to have its own tool number and we will change tools like we do for the scribe and pierce function.

I dont know if Phill has any room left for adding delays and such in the GUI's but it would be handy if we could have a set of rules similar to what we have for the scribe function.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2019 06:28 #144324 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Air Drill/ Air Scribe
airdrill do you realy got that thick sheets
we here in Germany and in the Shop
go with the plasma to 12mm with a 5mm offset to the contour
up to 25mm we start at 3mm Height 10mm outside the contour and go 25+mm parallel/circle this then burns its way thrue the sheet
then move in contour / this is pre info burned so you know how long it takes to go thrue and edit the postprocessor LINE Bevor cut

More
06 Sep 2019 06:37 - 06 Sep 2019 06:43 #144327 by thefabricator03
I have tried cutting out small holes with the plasma but they are pretty sloppy compared to drilling them. I wont be using it on thick stuff just mostly sheet metal that I need the round hole to fit it up to other parts. On thick parts I usually do a spot peck and then rotor broach the hole or punch the plate on our iron worker for holes that need to be 100% round with no taper.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2019 06:43 by thefabricator03.

More
06 Sep 2019 09:40 #144354 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Air Drill/ Air Scribe
See Phill, I told you you'd be onto this before long!!!

Hi Guys,

I have taken rodw's advice and purchased an air drill to add to my plasma machine for drilling small holes,
www.totaltools.com.au/air-tools/air-dril...keyed-drill-si2015ad

I'm a bit worried about being blamed for this if it ends badly. I was just musing becasue I had no idea about this at all!

And now all of a sudden my musings have been promoted to advice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
06 Sep 2019 09:47 #144355 by thefabricator03

I'm a bit worried about being blamed for this if it ends badly. I was just musing becasue I had no idea about this at all!

Lol, You might end up with the credit when it turns out better that anyone expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
06 Sep 2019 10:00 #144357 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Air Drill/ Air Scribe

Lol, You might end up with the credit when it turns out better that anyone expected.

Make it happen Stefan! I've got some 300mm long air rams that are strong enough to lift me off the ground if you want to do it from a distance! I'm just not sure how you'd limit the down travel so it does not poke holes in your water table though!

More
06 Sep 2019 10:19 #144360 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Air Drill/ Air Scribe

Make it happen Stefan! I've got some 300mm long air rams that are strong enough to lift me off the ground if you want to do it from a distance! I'm just not sure how you'd limit the down travel so it does not poke holes in your water table though!

That's where I get hung up as well...

More
06 Sep 2019 10:24 #144361 by thefabricator03

Thats easy solved. Mount the rams in the air so that at full stroke the drill bit only just passes the slats. See anything is possible :)

More
06 Sep 2019 10:30 #144362 by thefabricator03
Thinking about this a bit more and sharing a air slide might be a problem since its linked to the air scribe.

Maybe I am better off building a new slide for the scribe and using the other slide for the drill.

But that means more solenoids and regulators and air lines..

More
06 Sep 2019 10:49 #144365 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Air Drill/ Air Scribe

RodW for president !!!
:) :) :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds