Shape Library

More
06 Aug 2020 11:38 #177493 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Shape Library

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 11:53 #177496 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Shape Library

Thanks Tom, I did end up changing those leadin/leadout positions as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Aug 2020 14:25 #177511 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Shape Library

More
06 Aug 2020 14:26 #177512 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Shape Library

x2

There's a bug in your math module...technically that's 3 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
06 Aug 2020 14:29 #177513 by tommylight
0,0X2=0 ????
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
07 Aug 2020 05:33 #177577 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Shape Library

More
22 Aug 2020 13:18 #178994 by tommylight
I really hope no one sees this...... :)
Phill, what are the chances of adding a square tube thingy to this ? Some details :
4 Axis machine with say X is the long one, Y is the short one, Z is the usual automatic THC thingy and A is the rotating one,
Since we use THCAD and that thing is fast and smooth, i would skip all the complicated math required and just have A axis move in 90 degree increments as that would simplify everything immensely, the only thing remaining to tackle would be at every A axis move of 90 Degree there would have to be added an Y axis move of the width of the square tube, say 80mm, and the THC would do it's job of following the up and down during that period. There is also the caveat that the feed rates of the A and Y axis would have to be tuned to move in sync so the torch does not loose position, but that is another topic altogether.
New thread, or delete and disappear ? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
22 Aug 2020 13:32 #178995 by rodw
Sheetcam has a wrapped rotary module that basically treats the rotating part as if its a straight axis. I think you have to pay for it.

I think that if the Z axis has high enough acceleration and velocity, it should be able to follow the material up and down via THC control as it turns. I don't think there is any complicated maths required. Just let the THC do its job.

More
22 Aug 2020 13:35 #178996 by rodw
Oh and I forgot, this is a quite handy coping calculaotr which demonstrates what a wrapped rotary axis is. It creates a template you wrap around a tube to define the cut path. It works perfect if you need to notch a pipe.

www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

More
22 Aug 2020 14:58 #179001 by tommylight

Sheetcam has a wrapped rotary module that basically treats the rotating part as if its a straight axis. I think you have to pay for it.

I am aware of that and i am not interested in it. I already have two rotary machines that cut round tubing using only Inkscape and LinuxCNC, one of them made all the cuts for an 82x36 meters border crossing "tent" or "hut" or whatever that is called, all made by round tubes and everything made on that machine ! :)

I think that if the Z axis has high enough acceleration and velocity, it should be able to follow the material up and down via THC control as it turns. I don't think there is any complicated maths required. Just let the THC do its job.

Yup, i did test that a few years back and i could cut up to 80x80mm with just two axis and THC. Was a bit tricky to set up but it did work as a test.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds