Materialverter Script Causes Z-Axis to Stop Working

More
02 Dec 2019 01:53 - 02 Dec 2019 01:53 #151720 by MakingStuff
I created a material.cfg file using the materialverter script and now the z-axis has stopped moving. The z-axis will jog but when a gcode program is run, only the x and y axis move. If I copy the old generic material.cfg file back into the config directory, the z-axis starts working again. Any suggestions on what to do to fix this?
Last edit: 02 Dec 2019 01:53 by MakingStuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 04:13 - 02 Dec 2019 04:30 #151724 by phillc54
Could you post both the files.

Edit: Could you also post a GCode file that exhibits these symptoms.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2019 04:30 by phillc54.

More
02 Dec 2019 14:10 #151747 by MakingStuff
Here are the two cfg files. I had to rename them .txt to upload. I also included the gcode I was trying to cut after changing the .cfg file. However, none of the gcode I had would work the z-axis after changing the .cfg file (it's not limited to this file).
Attachments:

More
02 Dec 2019 22:13 #151778 by phillc54
In the new material file the THC entries for [MATERIAL_NUMBER_9] and [MATERIAL_NUMBER_11] are invalid, they need to be changed to a 1 or a 0.

I don't have any error checking for invalid values when reading these files. If you run LinuxCNC from a terminal you will see the errors and it does not fully load the configuration which is what is causing your issue.

I am not sure without seeing your original tool file that you imported whether this was caused by the Materialveter or an entry in your tool file.

More
03 Dec 2019 00:09 #151789 by MakingStuff

I am not sure without seeing your original tool file that you imported whether this was caused by the Materialveter or an entry in your tool file.

I created the file manually with the materialverter.

More
03 Dec 2019 00:51 #151798 by phillc54
Hopefully then it was your input rather than Materialverter.

Can you confirm if the edits fix your issue.

More
03 Dec 2019 14:22 #151869 by MakingStuff

Can you confirm if the edits fix your issue.

Yes it fixed my issue. I now remember that I went back and fixed the pierce height and must have changed the THC setting by mistake. It all works now. I really like being able to select the material from the drop down now.

I did find another problem when trying to import a Sheetcam Toolset csv file. I get the error shown in the attachment. The tools set generated by Sheetcam is also attached (renamed to .txt from .csv).
Attachments:

More
03 Dec 2019 22:12 #151906 by phillc54
OK, yours is a csv file, I didn't know that format was available.

The original tool files I was given to work with were in a different format as shown in the attached file.

BTW did you sort out your issue with the arc extinguishing prematurely?
Attachments:

More
03 Dec 2019 23:40 #151920 by MakingStuff

BTW did you sort out your issue with the arc extinguishing prematurely?

If I set the pierce height to around .075 or less it seems to work OK. I ordered a new CPC plug so I could build a cable to use the ARC OK signal from the Hypertherm instead of the THC. Everything should be here tomorrow so I can put it together and see if that works better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
03 Dec 2019 23:41 #151921 by MakingStuff

OK, yours is a csv file, I didn't know that format was available.

That is the only option I have to export them in Sheetcam. Is there another way to do it?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds