No Z Motion On Probe or Probe Test - DRO Indicates Motion

More
25 Mar 2020 17:16 #161474 by mustbme
A legitimate manufacturer would have replaced new/obviously defective board long before I was forced to seek a third party repair.

Not installing product for which I would not consider purchasing a future replacement (ie: Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2020 19:26 #161488 by rodw
But then again a manufacturer can only warrant faults he knows about. Did you actually contact Mesa once you diagnosed a manufacturing fault?

More
25 Mar 2020 20:28 - 25 Mar 2020 20:28 #161501 by PCW
Mesa was never contacted, nor are manufacturing defects common
(we have a much lower than 1% return rate for any reason).
Things like setup errors are much more common so we typically
verify those things first.

If you had simply contacted Mesa, said you believed you had a
defective card, we would have issued a RMA# for warranty
return/evaluation/repair/replacement.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2020 20:28 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
28 Mar 2020 05:58 - 28 Mar 2020 06:01 #161778 by mustbme
PCW:

Obvious 7i96 board hardware failure from day one - which I'd have recognized (and you most certainly should have from what you've read here) knowing what I know now.

Your apathy and indifference with respect to your products is surprising, more so after effort to provide firmware that might have (I'll never know) provided near-painless upgrades on the majority of machinery that I own or service.

Contrary to your desires or intent, your arrogance is most welcome, now, before installing your product here, in the field, stocking, or recommending it to others. Better kicked to the curb initially than latter being unable to support products from bad vendor that (at that point - and now) I'm warning everyone to avoid.

In closing, thank you for less than nothing - which turned out to be a good thing.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2020 06:01 by mustbme.

More
28 Mar 2020 13:50 #161801 by tommylight
@mustbeme
Wtf??????
I wonder, how much are they paying you to do this?
None of the above is true.
Mesa has by far the best support on planet earth. And i am not getting payed to say that, but i did pay over 5000 Euro in mesa equipment and have most of it installed on industrial machines that work all day long, every day, never had a single issue with them. Just check how long it takes from the tine i request a custom firmware from them till they provide it, never more than 2 days. Never. Try asking that from any other manufacturers!
It is baffling as to why would you do this, despite Mesa offering to fix any issue you have, consistently.

More
28 Mar 2020 13:59 #161804 by Clive S
Plus 1 on this
PCW has given me tremendous support often in less than 2 hours

More
28 Mar 2020 16:58 #161823 by mustbme
Mesa nightmare ended a couple of hours ago when my fraud complaint resulted in refund appearing in my account.

Someone should address/report issue with plasmac_gcode.py at line 289. (Optional) line number and white space were just removed from line, which results in zero length string if line contained only a line number. Index into it then raises error. Blank lines, with or without a line number, are allowed in gcode and are ignored by commercial controllers.

More
28 Mar 2020 21:10 #161840 by Mike_Eitel
@mustbme
If you dissappear from this forum, i will not cry.
m5c

It is absolutely unacceptable how you behave towards pcw!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Mar 2020 03:21 #161909 by phillc54

Mesa nightmare ended a couple of hours ago when my fraud complaint resulted in refund appearing in my account.

I wouldn't in my wildest dreams think that a manufacturer/supplier would be expected to repair/replace a product without direct contact from the user/purchaser and I would certainly not consider a few posts in a forum to be direct contact.
I also don't believe your dummy spit will sway folks opinion, in fact I think it reflects badly on you.

Not judging Mesa boards by this one issue, and nobody else should.

It seems to me you did...

Someone should address/report issue with plasmac_gcode.py at line 289. (Optional) line number and white space were just removed from line, which results in zero length string if line contained only a line number. Index into it then raises error. Blank lines, with or without a line number, are allowed in gcode and are ignored by commercial controllers.

Fixed...
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 Mar 2020 12:39 - 30 Mar 2020 13:05 #162108 by mustbme
Other issue in plasmac_gcode.py - get_last_motion:

Adding #<holes> to otherwise valid gcode raises error parsing rapid motion string.

N0060 G20 (Units)
N0070 M52 P1 (test-allow paused motion)
N0080 #<holes> = 2 (test-auto slow for holes)
N0090 g0X8.1563Y0.6048F500 (Rapid)

ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 8.15630.6048500

N0060 G20 (Units)
N0070 M52 P1 (test-allow paused motion)
N0075 F1250
N0080 #<holes> = 2 (test-auto slow for holes)
N0090 g0X8.1563Y0.6048 (Rapid)

ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 8.15630.6048

Not an issue for me as CAM usually deals with holes/radius.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2020 13:05 by mustbme. Reason: typo

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds