Probing Revisited

More
13 Apr 2020 11:11 #163865 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Probing Revisited

I have to try and resume my void crossing research as once this probing is mastered, thats about all that is left to conquer :woohoo:
Did I tell you thats really hard?

The reason I keep looking for other stuff to do is so I can put void crossing on the back burner...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2020 11:34 - 13 Apr 2020 11:35 #163869 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Probing Revisited

The reason I keep looking for other stuff to do is so I can put void crossing on the back burner...

Waiting for me then :)

I just posted on my spaceship thread. What I am seeing is I want to program sheet severing as I index full sheets on my half sheet table and I really think to do that properly, you need to have the void sensing so you can start in the middle and cut past the edge of the sheet on both sides.Currently I have to snap or cut off about 1-3mm of material left over from an edge start. I found if I tried a real edge start, I'd often miss the edge and not get a cut started.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2020 11:35 by rodw.

More
13 Apr 2020 11:44 #163871 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Probing Revisited
And for Stefan's benefit, If you really want to see warped material while testing, disable Sheetcam's default nesting order which minimises thermal distortion and change the cut order of some small parts so it cuts in a logical grid. Left to right, up and down.

Bonus points if you cut out a square of material around the grid before you cut the grid of small parts. To do this, lock the square before laying out the small parts in sheetcam.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds