How to convert a basic machine with Axis GUI to PlasmaC Gmoccapy GUI

More
20 Apr 2020 06:22 - 20 Apr 2020 06:25 #164776 by phillc54

We have tried the HOME_SEQUENCE things, over and over and in different ways, and it just doesn't work. Gmoccapy hangs and returns errors. And where do I find the debug file if I create that ? Something else that bugs me, where to find debugging files. Anyway, Gmoccapy just doesn't work for us and it will be interesting to see actual ini and hal files of gantry machines that do work with Gmoccapy, we are losing faith in the whole business.

I don't know what to say, it worked fine here albeit on a sim config. I'll have a look through your hal file.

This should be close for the thcad:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 06:25 by phillc54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2020 06:27 #164778 by rodw
Can you remove the comments in parenthesis from the HOME_SEQUENCE lines? Unless there has been an enhancement, comments of any kind on the same line as an entry is not permitted in HAL and INI files.

To debug, open a command line window and start linuxcnc by typing linuxcnc and press enter. Any errors will be printed on the screen.

More
20 Apr 2020 06:29 #164780 by phillc54

More
20 Apr 2020 07:39 - 20 Apr 2020 07:44 #164798 by bbsr_5a
@ philip
is it posible to make for bestter understandin of the entrys a 3rd Col to the Table 5.3
so the
Arc OK COL0
Modes 1 and 2 only COL1
the HAL pin you have connected your arc ok signal to
hm2_7i92.0.gpio.015.in COL2
parport.0.pin-10-in-not
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 07:44 by bbsr_5a. Reason: table problem

More
20 Apr 2020 07:45 #164799 by phillc54
Do you mean add another column with example connections?
If so that is probably a good idea.

More
20 Apr 2020 07:46 #164800 by bbsr_5a
yes
hm2_7i92.0.gpio.015.in
parport.0.pin-10-in-not

More
20 Apr 2020 07:48 #164801 by phillc54
OK, I will have a look tomorrow.

More
20 Apr 2020 10:44 #164815 by CFE
Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your input, we will try to implement everything tomorrow morning.

To Phil : sorry about the configurator thing, we are very much aware that we need a working machine before we run the PlasmaC configurator, and we have run the PlasmaC configurator many times. That works well, the only thing that's a bit hard to get my head around is the labeling of the HAL pins, especially the Arc Voltage Pin.

What we have right now is a working machine with a base configuration and the Axis GUI, and we used the PlasmaC configurator on that succesfully. I am working to connect the THCAD-10 to the HAL pins, as you already have shown (Thanks for that !). I hope we will be able to try this configuration in the morning.

But when we try to set up a base configuration with Gmoccapy (not adding PlasmaC yet, as it is clearly shown that the base configuration needs to work first), then we run into problems with the kinstype thing and the homing stuff. I am starting to wonder whether there is something in the Linux system that is not quite right, but I will try to start from scratch to set up a base configuration with Gmoccapy, just to see if we can get that to work.

Rest assured, we follow every step in the documentation and all the suggestions everybody is putting up here, and it's all very much appreciated.

And again, if somebody has working ini and hal files for gantry machines we would very much appreciate to see them, so we can compare and see if and what is going askew for us.

Cheers, Peter

More
20 Apr 2020 10:53 - 20 Apr 2020 10:55 #164816 by phillc54
I used your _original_4_axis.ini file with the Configurator to create a Gmoccapy config and the only changes I made were to specify DISPLAY = gmoccapy plus the HOME_Sequence for all axes exactly as posted earlier .
I used a 4 axis hal sim file I have and it worked a treat.
What were the error messages you were getting?

Edit: here is the ini as I used it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 10:55 by phillc54.

More
20 Apr 2020 11:53 #164823 by phillc54
I got the addf wrong before, it should be:
addf encoder.update-counters base-thread
addf encoder.capture-position servo-thread

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds