Access files on a Windows Network

More
12 May 2020 13:53 #167524 by BeagleBrainz
I use gftp on Linux rather FileZilla. Does the same job. Even midnight commander can do scp.
With caja you “mount” via ssh, if you have the right gvfs plugins.
Is there a nfs server that will work with Win10 ? If I remember correctly XP and or Vista could have a third party NFS server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2020 15:07 #167530 by snowgoer540
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598615...ng-up-a-samba-share/

That’s what I used to set up a samba share. Super easy, works well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03, BeagleBrainz

More
12 May 2020 23:58 - 12 May 2020 23:58 #167576 by JohnnyCNC
I use WinSCP. It shows the Windows drive on the left and the Linux drive on the right. Each time you connect it takes you to the directories where you were at when you disconnected so no drilling down through the file structure each time. I just post my gcode from Fusion 360 and drag the file from the left panel to right and that's it. I usually place a key in the authorized_keys file and that eliminates the need to manually log in from WinSCP or a terminal program on my Windows PC.
Last edit: 12 May 2020 23:58 by JohnnyCNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, BeagleBrainz

More
18 May 2020 23:33 - 18 May 2020 23:36 #168208 by CFE
Hi all,

Thank you for all the suggestions, we really appreciate it.

Although some have suggested we don't want to get into the nitty gritty, we have been through a lot of nitty gritty on our journey to get our machine up and running but came up against many hurdles to make things work. We are not afraid of drilling down into the nitty gritty if called for, it just seems that sometimes following instructions doesn't work out and then we are left to wonder "why this ?", and it's the why that leaves us asking for help.

To reiterate what we are looking for : we can access the Windows Network via File manager, but we can't access it from the file manager in Gmoccappy. And ideally we would like to do just that, that will save a lot of copying of G-code programs forth and back, and we will always have the latest version of a G-code program for a particular part. What do we do ? Try to set up samba and that should give us access to the Windows Network from Gmoccapy ? Or is there another way ? What does Gmocappy use to access the file system ?

We just want to keep our system to access files from Gmoccapy/PlasmC as simple as possible, because we have a couple of blokes here that will use the machine and they are not necessarily comfortable around computers, so simplification is key.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Peter
Last edit: 18 May 2020 23:36 by CFE.

More
19 May 2020 00:01 #168210 by rodw
I don''t know enough about Linux but I think you need to mount the windows share in Linux. Then it should show up under the /mnt folder which Gmocappy can access.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds