Plasmac for glue dispenser machine.

More
03 Dec 2020 07:23 - 03 Dec 2020 07:27 #190939 by Himarc3D
The picture is one scan arm, Design Scan Arm from Faro, i have another one S70 (terrestrial) from Faro too.
the arm scan when i want move to scan the entire car for example i need laser tracker, for the terrestrial i use survey control (very tedious workflow need check everything twice).
if you dont use it a lot its better rent but when i brought it i used the government subsidy so was very cheap at time.
what you wanna scanning, the size?
Faro isnt the better but when i brought i didnt know nothing about it...handheld the best people say is Creaform.

Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Dec 2020 07:27 by Himarc3D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2020 08:14 #190942 by Himarc3D
The S70 mean 70 meters.
Attachments:

More
03 Dec 2020 09:32 #190944 by thefabricator03
Thats a pretty awesome scanner. I wish the Australian government would subsidies a $30K scanner for me Lol.

I would like to be able to scan my robot work cell to easily create a model for offline simulation.

More
03 Dec 2020 10:22 #190946 by rodw
Very interesting. I want one too!

With regards teaching, it is possible to log positions using halstreamer but it needs some revisions I think to output in CSV format. I have used it to collect 16000 readings for statistical analysis from a 6" plasma cut. It took a bit to extract the data I wanted.

I'm not sure you you would convert the streamer coordinates back into motion commands.

More
04 Dec 2020 00:04 #190991 by Himarc3D

Thats a pretty awesome scanner. I wish the Australian government would subsidies a $30K scanner for me Lol.

I would like to be able to scan my robot work cell to easily create a model for offline simulation.

30K is just the S70 with Scene (software with doglekey), tripod and sphere set.
if i scan your robot cell using S70 my workflow is Scene, Recap, Autocad with As-Build plugin. 3D scanner isnt yet one click and make all...here i need the special tool; my eyes lol to distinguish between points in the cloud to take off noise better if we have eagle eyes lol
Using together the ScanArm;
Design X, NX and maybe Cloud Compare (Open Source)
and both at the end maybe Keyshot to make apresentation.
When i brought the scanner all the software and high end computer was include in the subsidy all the software plus Design Control X (now i know Polyworks is beter lol).
So the price was more high but because i helped kids and the local government know it they helped me a lot at time, toke 1 moth to get approved after i wrote a letter requesting and the reason i want the stuff.

More
04 Dec 2020 00:07 #190992 by Himarc3D

Very interesting. I want one too!

With regards teaching, it is possible to log positions using halstreamer but it needs some revisions I think to output in CSV format. I have used it to collect 16000 readings for statistical analysis from a 6" plasma cut. It took a bit to extract the data I wanted.

I'm not sure you you would convert the streamer coordinates back into motion commands.

Thank you Rodw, im checking now lets see if i can handle this in the future, something using OpenCV...but my coding skill is low compared with you guys.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds