Plasmac for glue dispenser machine.

More
13 Jul 2020 03:43 - 13 Jul 2020 03:47 #174449 by Himarc3D
Hello everybody!

I read about Plasmac and isnt clear to me the THC and Hypersensing.
I dont have Plasma machine and ill try to make one glue dispenser machine for engine cover head.
The engine cover head is made from casting mold, some engine cover head isnt leveled because the process of fabrication.

I tested the working process using one 3D printer (Prusa I3) and worked ok, just the height level was different from many samples (10 samples per model using 20 different models) was good just the height level difference is around 0.7 in some models...
I trying to have constant 0.5mm height level.

I wondering if is possible to attache the 24V plus side to the nozzle and the 24V minus to the table and use the THC to control the height of the machine.

Do you think its possible or to use the THC i need ARC start?

If someone is interested please take a look in the pictures one from small engine cover head and another from the nozzle type im looking to use.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jul 2020 03:47 by Himarc3D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2020 03:57 #174450 by thefabricator03
That is a pretty interesting project you have there,

Why exactly do you want to use PlasmaC? Is it to do with how Phill has set up the tool library and cut parameters?

More
13 Jul 2020 04:39 #174453 by rodw
One thing worth trying would be to probe the surface at regular intervals and calculate the Z offset required before the glue run. There have been some examples shared about probing a surface in a grid on the forum and possibly in the wiki which could be adapted.

More
13 Jul 2020 08:32 #174484 by tommylight
It seems doable, but as ROD mentioned, using THCAD for probing first.
You can also use a proximity sensor for probing as they can sense the material without actually touching it.
There is a component written by a member of this forum used for probing and levelling a 3D printer bed, that could be very useful, but i could not find it.

More
13 Jul 2020 10:02 #174490 by rodw

There is a component written by a member of this forum used for probing and levelling a 3D printer bed, that could be very useful, but i could not find it.

Thats what I meant... I'm not sure the THCAD is useful though as you don't have to deal with the electrical noise the THCAD was designed to handle.

More
13 Jul 2020 23:41 #174547 by Himarc3D
I googled for real time and many different keys and i found rodw at CNCZone talking about he experience, when i saw you guys stuff i imagined the THC is a perfect match and i started read here, Plasmac section is very active in the forum, your stuff for example is very professional (im welder). I started follow you guys here in all section and you are very knowledgeable and is fellowship here between you guys!
I made some leak test machines for the engine head cover company at first using Arduino and the subsequent machines i used PLC’s because its a standard and everybody at the floor can maintenance.
I met the company owner at one beneficent event, i was making toys for kids using 6 Prusas and some stuff for visual deficients, i think he liked me and gave me a chance, because corona he asked if i can make something for the engine covers, he told to me about vision system and I prospect and its very expensive for me to give i try, i still have my welder job (plus electrician licensed now) and if things go ok I planning to quit and work selling this machines for example, one that get inside the car i go to the client and leave it there for one moth for testing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

More
14 Jul 2020 00:14 #174554 by Himarc3D
I see. Im trying to avoid this step in the process, make it less time consuming was a possible and compact too L800xW1000xH600mm so i can put inside the car...
In this video they have 2 separeted places and its get bigger for my plans...if possible something don’t stop or stop just for replacement of covers

By hand they have one person to clean up the excess of glue in the gasket, brcause the glue isn’t applied uniformly and sometime dont have glue in some places in the path just at the leak test they can found it.

Sorry guys im slow, so the THC or another type of height control while working isn’t possible or if possible can you please appoint the direction so i can try learn it.

I need install Linuxcnc, at first i tried using VM but no way for real time kernel i learned after attempting it (or juat using buildbot isn’t possible) i will install ASAP into real machine to see the HAL stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
14 Jul 2020 01:41 #174564 by thefabricator03
You can use a THCAD in a hypersensing mode but it cannot be uses to detect the height in real time like while plasma cutting because it uses the plasma arc to determine the torch height above the cut.

Maybe try setting up the hypersensing like a 3d printer BL touch probe. The other option is a vision system but I do not know enough about vision control..yet!

More
14 Jul 2020 05:13 #174581 by Mike_Eitel
If i saw right you are glueing on metal. As a distance probe you could use inductive sensors.
2 tiny ones to make old fashioned 2 point regulation = too high / to low. (fidely mecanical wise, but with 4mm sensors eventually possible.

Or analog distance if you find affordable.

Than make normal xyz machine. On the z axis use external-offset to adapt hight by your inductive measure equipment. Should be easy if you can probe near to your noozle.

More
14 Jul 2020 09:54 #174593 by alkabal

It seems doable, but as ROD mentioned, using THCAD for probing first.
You can also use a proximity sensor for probing as they can sense the material without actually touching it.

forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...-3d-printing?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds