Error on first launch PlasmaC ???

More
04 Aug 2020 00:59 #177143 by kramerda
That worked - commenting out redundancy in the hal file w.r.t. the connections file.
Now I have a working plasmac screen
I can jog the axis if I do a limits override.
There is a joint 2 (Z axis??) limit switch error - but doesn't make sense since the switch actions in the show hall watch screen for Z upper, Z lower, Z float work OK I dont have wired or set up any X or Y limit/home switches.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2020 01:06 #177146 by phillc54
Are you homing the machine?

More
04 Aug 2020 02:00 #177156 by kramerda
no not yet - When I said switches are working - they are normally closed for the limit and float switches. Maybe an inversion is required. Indicator is yellow when float is not activated, red when it is - ahhh , maybe backwards......

More
04 Aug 2020 02:05 #177158 by phillc54
use the in_not inputs rather than the in

More
04 Aug 2020 12:09 #177221 by kramerda
Hi phil -
OK, I changed to the -not input for float switch (it was already in the connections-hal file. )
For the Z Upper and Z Lower Limits they are set up in the hal file. Do I manually insert the 'net 7i76....' lines into the connections file? If so, do I remove them from the hal file?

More
04 Aug 2020 12:13 #177223 by phillc54
If you mean the Hal connections for the limit switches then they would normally go in you machine hal file.

More
04 Aug 2020 14:34 #177248 by kramerda
On the working plasmac screen - I have an enabled ohmic test button but not a probe test button ???? In the ini file it has a Name and a Code - same as ohmic button. ???

More
04 Aug 2020 15:23 #177252 by kramerda
OK - probe test button now enabled - seems it had to first exceed (trip) the lower limit switch ???

More
04 Aug 2020 23:03 #177301 by phillc54

On the working plasmac screen - I have an enabled ohmic test button but not a probe test button ???? In the ini file it has a Name and a Code - same as ohmic button. ???

see probe test here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...de.html#_button_code

OK - probe test button now enabled - seems it had to first exceed (trip) the lower limit switch ???

Not sure what you mean.

More
05 Aug 2020 21:38 #177426 by kramerda
Thanks Phil and all the others for helping get my machine up and running - at least cutting metal now. We'll proceed to work on the THC next - getting the thcad-10 integrated into plasmac and the mesa 7i76e card.

The only issues I've had - as part of my learning curve - was adjusting the cut height (lowering it) to get the arc to stay on. I'm using double mag reed switches in parallel with 4 turns of the ground clamp as the arc ok signal - seems to work perfect. The other thing I have to get used to, is what it takes, on each power up to be able to do a probe test. The probe test button becomes enabled I think after I've done a touch off, and a float test to put the z axis in sync with the limits etc in the ini file.
Again thanks .

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds