problen with debounce on sensor

More
27 Apr 2021 22:35 #207278 by snowgoer540
Clive,

I just wanted to let you know that I finally remembered to take a look at how you might have ended up with an empty custom.hal file.

I suspect that the first time through you chose a screen different than QtPlasmaC. Perhaps AXIS as it's the default. When you get to the end in that case, it will create an empty custom.hal file (well, just the header). Then you may have gone back in and selected QtPlasmaC and finished filling out the stuff. The problem is at that point, custom.hal already existed, and as it will not get written over with subsequent config editing, it remained blank.

This is normal behavior as far as I can tell. I think at least right now, that the best advice is if the user intends to change screens, they should start pncconf from scratch. That ensures they get all the "goodies".

I took note to consider at least noting this in the docs. I'll run it past Phill when he's back from vacation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2021 06:05 #207291 by Clive S

Clive,

I just wanted to let you know that I finally remembered to take a look at how you might have ended up with an empty custom.hal file.

I suspect that the first time through you chose a screen different than QtPlasmaC. Perhaps AXIS as it's the default. When you get to the end in that case, it will create an empty custom.hal file (well, just the header). Then you may have gone back in and selected QtPlasmaC and finished filling out the stuff. The problem is at that point, custom.hal already existed, and as it will not get written over with subsequent config editing, it remained blank.

This is normal behavior as far as I can tell. I think at least right now, that the best advice is if the user intends to change screens, they should start pncconf from scratch. That ensures they get all the "goodies".

I took note to consider at least noting this in the docs. I'll run it past Phill when he's back from vacation.

Yes Yes I think you have hit the nail on the head :woohoo:

I have a feeling that I got as far as one of the screens where I had to populate the gpio's and the plasmac stuff did not show (like float switch etc) then I realised I had clicked on the Axis GUI so backed up to change it.

I must have carried on from there.

So that has cleared this one up. :) Thanks for reporting back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds