Testing ark voltage Values in qtplamac

More
20 Jun 2021 21:57 #212519 by Aussiecrawl
Easy question, With QTPlasmac will the Arc Voltage read a voltage while it is not cutting.

I'm wanting to double check my wiring and voltage settings are correct. If i put a known source of voltage eg12 volts into the thcad terminals is there anyway to get it to show the voltage while it is not cutting? Im not near my setup during the week and trying to plan ahead for the weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2021 22:08 #212522 by tommylight
Yes it will show the voltage.

More
06 Jul 2021 23:02 #213911 by Aussiecrawl
Thanks for the reply,

Now that i have everything setup im getting a constant 700v reading even with nothing connected to the Input terminals of the THCad. Im running the thcad300 into a 7i76e and im wondering if its a calculation error with Pncconfig as the online calculator and what comes up in the settings after running through the config are 2 different values.

If i change the values in the settings to what the online calculator says i get 0 volts when there is no voltage but if i put 24 or 48v into the thcad i dont get a change in value shown.

More
06 Jul 2021 23:38 #213913 by tommylight
Post your config here.

More
07 Jul 2021 00:02 #213917 by phillc54

Thanks for the reply,

Now that i have everything setup im getting a constant 700v reading even with nothing connected to the Input terminals of the THCad. Im running the thcad300 into a 7i76e and im wondering if its a calculation error with Pncconfig as the online calculator and what comes up in the settings after running through the config are 2 different values.

If i change the values in the settings to what the online calculator says i get 0 volts when there is no voltage but if i put 24 or 48v into the thcad i dont get a change in value shown.

Thoeretically the online caculator and PnCconf should end up with the same values.
When you post the config could you also post the .pncconf file that is created for the config in the ~/linuxcnc/configs directory.

More
07 Jul 2021 00:34 #213925 by tommylight

0V is ok, not changing the value leads me to believe you have the polarity wrong on the input of the THCAD.

More
07 Jul 2021 03:02 #213929 by Aussiecrawl
These are the .hal and .ini files are these the ones you need? and i have attached the PnCconfig file as well

File Attachment:

File Name: Plasma_May.ini
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Plasma_May.hal
File Size:14 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Plasma_May.pncconf
File Size:310 KB
Attachments:

More
07 Jul 2021 03:04 #213930 by Aussiecrawl
I did check to see if i had the polarity correct but can double check this.

More
07 Jul 2021 03:18 #213931 by phillc54
Thanks for the files, it is best to post the file created by the BACKUP CONFIG button in the PARAMETERS tab so we can see the complete configuration.

More
07 Jul 2021 03:43 #213932 by Aussiecrawl

File Attachment:

File Name: Plasma_May...1.tar.gz
File Size:16 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds