Testing ark voltage Values in qtplamac

More
07 Jul 2021 04:03 #213933 by phillc54
I don't see anything obviously wrong.

PnCconf here gives the same values from you .pncconf file as the online calculator.
[PLASMA_PARAMETERS]
Arc Voltage Offset = 3715.625
Arc Voltage Scale = 0.011842

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 07:18 #213944 by rodw
First things first. You need to confirm that the encoder is counting before you test any voltages.
Make sure the divider link in the THCAD is set o 1/32
Next confirm the THCAD has a flashing LED and confirm from the manual its roughly flashing at the expected rateĀ 
Find this pin in halshow and watch it.
hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.velocity

at 0 volts (eg nothing is connected on the plasma side), this pin should be hovering around the 0 volt frequency (divided by 32) that is shown on the THCAD calibration sticker. If it is not showing any fluctuation (eg its 0 and not moving or some other fixed voltage.) you have a problem with your wiring. To me it sounds like you have got a wiring issue.

More
10 Jul 2021 00:10 #214149 by Aussiecrawl
Thanks Rodw i went looking and found a the ground was out of the terminal on the thcad and i have reset the values fixed the ground and now its all working. just got to sort out come cutting values.

thanks phillc54 for problem solving as well.

More
11 Jul 2021 06:42 #214233 by rodw

Thanks Rodw i went looking and found a the ground was out of the terminal on the thcad and i have reset the values fixed the ground and now its all working. just got to sort out come cutting values.

thanks phillc54 for problem solving as well.

Great you got it working. I really think we tend to jump into software issues before we do the basic testing. I can't stress how important it is to take a methodical approach to check you are getting expected results at a hardware level, then at a halshow level before you really worry about the hal configuration.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds