QtPlasmaC Jogging Lag

More
02 Sep 2021 19:24 #219457 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic QtPlasmaC Jogging Lag
That's good info. That may make it easier to figure out.

When I get home I will run the latest version on my table and see if I see the same thing.

I will say that I've been simulating 1.0.76 a lot on a VM (with the to-be 1.0.77 changes applied), and I didn't see these issues. Again, not to say they don't exist. Just odd that QTVCP seems to go bezerk for sometimes for people, but not always for everyone.

Not sure if it matters or not, but do you see this issue immediately from startup? Or do you use theGUI for any length of time before the CPU pegs at 100%? What I am getting at, is - is there a certain thing that you do that afterward it pegs the CPU?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2021 19:31 #219459 by Uthayne
Replied by Uthayne on topic QtPlasmaC Jogging Lag
The issue is pretty much immediate after launch. I disable ESTOP and click power on and nothing else and its at 100%. Took ~45 seconds from the moment the process starting according to top.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
02 Sep 2021 19:40 #219460 by snowgoer540
I’m headed home from work I’ll check my machine when I get there (about an hour).  It shouldn’t really matter, but it can’t hurt either, can you post a backup of your config created from the parameters tab?  

More
02 Sep 2021 19:50 #219461 by Uthayne
Config is attached. Thanks for taking a look
Attachments:

More
02 Sep 2021 20:49 - 02 Sep 2021 20:50 #219464 by snowgoer540
Just updated to 1.0.79, and I dont experience any lagginess.  Below is a screenshot of top.

I would say it's definitely because your CPU is pegged (obviously) but I wonder what causes that.  

It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with your qtvcp installation, or some conflict going on.  I will say that of the 4 people I know of that experience lagginess, 3 of them run Mint.  Not saying it's the issue, and correlation does not equal causation, but still it may not be a coincidence.

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Sep 2021 20:50 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uthayne

More
02 Sep 2021 20:51 #219465 by snowgoer540
oops, I meant to screenshot the entire screen:

Attachments:

More
02 Sep 2021 23:08 #219467 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic QtPlasmaC Jogging Lag

I will say that of the 4 people I know of that experience lagginess, 3 of them run Mint. 

Have a look at how roundabouts get saturated with cars and how little it takes to go from 40Kmh to 3Kmh by adding just one car !
Must be the same thing here as Mate uses more resources so adding QtVCP makes it go to 3Kmh ! :)
I have 2 of the same PC (actually 3 but one is 4KM far), namely the HP 8300 SFF that PCW mentions often here, and they all had 8GB of RAM till one of the modules decided to give up the ghosts, never noticed the lag before.
Unfortunately never had the time to add the new module in and check if that improves things, not sure when will i have the time as my sister is having trouble breathing last two days, so who knows .....

More
03 Sep 2021 06:32 - 03 Sep 2021 06:37 #219492 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic QtPlasmaC Jogging Lag
Nice analogy Tom  . I hope your sister gets well soon.

I have pushed a change to slow down the flash rate which eases up on the cpu usage.

I don't know why Bryans runs at 100%. I made a sim from the posted config and it runs on my development VM at 10% with the update.

P.S. Did I mention that I HATE this forum editor, it is a right royal PITA.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2021 06:37 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Uthayne, snowgoer540

More
03 Sep 2021 10:08 #219504 by snowgoer540
Too many cars in the round about, got it :)

Positive thoughts for your sister to breathe easy again soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
03 Sep 2021 14:18 #219522 by Uthayne
I applied the fix and it did lessen the lag. During idle state, CPU usage is ~70%. When I am jogging around it goes to about 85-90%. I would say the lag has been cut by 90% or so. Although it is usable now, I still think that I am going to be switching over to MX 21 as I could probably use a fresh start anyway.

Thanks Phill for the quick update.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds