Exiting conversational

More
20 Oct 2021 02:08 #223616 by rodw
Exiting conversational was created by rodw
If I accidentally enter the conversational tab, there seems no way to exit from it short of restarting linuxcnc. Surely there must be a way.

Also there is no way I could see to clear a conversational job. Can that be done?

Also after aligning a rotated sheet, with a laser pointer the Cycle start button changes to "run From Line Cycle Start" but the job ran OK.

Version 1.098

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2021 02:23 #223619 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Exiting conversational

If I accidentally enter the conversational tab, there seems no way to exit from it short of restarting linuxcnc. Surely there must be a way.

Just above section 9.1
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_shape-library

Also there is no way I could see to clear a conversational job. Can that be done?

Just above section 9.1
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_shape-library

Also after aligning a rotated sheet, with a laser pointer the Cycle start button changes to "run From Line Cycle Start" but the job ran OK.

I have tried several times but I can't get that to happen.

More
20 Oct 2021 02:46 - 20 Oct 2021 02:48 #223620 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Exiting conversational
If there is an added shape that is unsaved or unsent then it is not possible to switch tabs in the GUI.
<br /><br />What happened to the good old ESC button or equivalent?<br /><br />

I don't think I did anything to trigger run from line but it did not go away overnight..
</div>

Any thoughts about being able to alter probing on the run?
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/43963-access-...-while-running-a-job
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 02:48 by rodw.

More
20 Oct 2021 02:57 #223621 by phillc54

What happened to the good old ESC button or equivalent?

ESC is way too old fashioned for conversational. :)

I don't think I did anything to trigger run from line but it did not go away overnight..

I tried but I can't get it to happen. Maybe try an update and see if it has changed but I can't think of anything we did specifically that would have changed it. Can you get it to happen consistently.

Any thoughts about being able to alter probing on the run?

I am not really happy with the idea, it "may" be suited to that particular job but probably not a lot of others.
I was going to suggest that job may be a good candidate for Skip IHS but somewhere along the line I managed to break it :(, so fixing that is taking my time and my mind at the moment.

More
20 Oct 2021 03:16 - 20 Oct 2021 03:17 #223622 by rodw
I've never really understood why we need  to set a probe height in the first place. I know you've made a lot of enhancements to speed it up in the past which is great. Personally, I think plasmac should remember the last material height on a probe and add the probe height and safe height to that value on the next probe. Rapid to next pierce at remembered material height + safe height, Rapid down to probe height + material height, then commence probe at probe speed..

Wen you get this sort of warpage (90mm), you can't skip IHS as the material is warping all the time from cut to cut..

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 03:17 by rodw.

More
20 Oct 2021 03:20 #223623 by phillc54
That is all well and good it the next probe is close to the last end of cut but that is not always the case. If I were getting that much curling up at the edge I would try working out a way to keep it down.

More
20 Oct 2021 03:39 #223626 by rodw
I do sometimes add a weight to it. But there is not any material left to do much with so you have to be careful about collisions.!
The warpage was only about half that when cutting and when it went to the other side it got worse.
If you were cutting all over the sheet to minimise warpage or doing larger parts, the sheet would be flatter so that proposed methodology would not really affect it.

More
20 Oct 2021 09:52 #223645 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Exiting conversational
@Rod,
Welcome to my world ! The worst i had was 130mm!
Back on topic,
-pretty sure i was and still am against skipping IHS. It is useful only when cutting very small parts very close together, never ever for anything else.
-i was bitten by the conversational twice before i figured out it requires to send or start new to be able to go back. BTW, there is "new" button there that clears everything. I would NOT change this.
-conversational feature has become a must for me and it is a pleasure to use, i use it for testing machines all the time as i do plenty of small circles and squares depending on the size of the scrap. Great job, thank you.
-probe height/speed are very nicely implemented, safe height also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
20 Oct 2021 09:53 #223646 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Exiting conversational

Version 1.098

This particular issue, which was present the first time (per QtPlasmaC session) you went into conversational with a file loaded from the Main tab, was fixed with the conversational work flow updates Phill committed with v1.0.99.

More
20 Oct 2021 10:10 #223648 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Exiting conversational

Do you think you could track down/post the steps to reproduce this?

I may have seen this before, but I am certain that if I did, I couldn't duplicate it again.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds