My setup Process confusion

More
02 Dec 2020 23:57 #190922 by tommylight
What drives ?
Disconnect the "enable" wires from the drive, and test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2020 00:06 #190924 by swalts
Replied by swalts on topic My setup Process confusion
cl86y drives from stepperonline. I had the enable wires connected before to power supply. I will go remove now. get back with you in a few mins

More
03 Dec 2020 00:18 #190927 by swalts
the motor is moving:) success on that... it is very strange though. the motor seems to move for a second while ramping up and then it ramps down and i cannot continuously jog. I have to let off the jog button to restart motion. on Another note how should i clear the driver alarm?

Thanks for helping me out Tommylight

More
03 Dec 2020 00:57 #190928 by tommylight

the motor is moving:) it is very strange though. the motor seems to move for a second while ramping up and then it ramps down and i cannot continuously jog. I have to let off the jog button to restart motion.

That means it is trying to spin way faster than it actually can. Steppers do not like to spin fast.
You can set lover velocity to something that it can actually do without stalling.
-
What driver alarm?
And you are welcomed, always.

More
03 Dec 2020 10:26 #190947 by swalts
Hey Tommylight, I think i should have been more accurate in my description. I have these motors moving way faster than they are currently with the c10 BOB. What i mean to say is that these steppers move more like an servo now. They ramp up over time and then start ramping down. I had my acceleration turned way down while that action was taking place. I tried turning my acceleration up and now it says hm2_max vel set to high for my timing settings(paraphrase).

Where do i find timer settings?

The driver alarm happens in closed loop when encoder does not match commanded position of rotor. at least best i can tell.

More
03 Dec 2020 11:51 #190956 by tommylight
I think it is about time you delve into the hal and ini file editing, thank us later ! :)
You can edit the velocity and acceleration in the stpconf or pncconf, depending on what you used for initial setup, they both have the ability to edit an existing config.
But, you can also edit the hal and ini files so you have more control over everything.
www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=AdHIX..._zD_8Q4dUDCAY&uact=5

More
03 Dec 2020 16:34 #190969 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic My setup Process confusion
The

hm2/hm2_card.0: stepgen.NN.maxvel is too big for current step timings & position-scale, clipping to max possible

Warning means your step timings (step time and step space) will not allow the requested step rate, That is, for
example, if you set the step time to 20000 ns and step space to 20000 ns, the maximum possible step rate would be 1/(20000ns+20000ns) = 25 KHz. If your step scale (steps per distance) and joint velocities require a higher step rate,
you will get that warning.

More
04 Dec 2020 12:17 #191022 by swalts
Attached is the driver spec.
This says the max frequency is 200KHz with a pulse width of 2.5microseconds.
So i think you are saying I need to bump up my .maxvel.
Attachments:

More
04 Dec 2020 14:23 #191030 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic My setup Process confusion
No, you would have to reduce your maxvel

More
05 Dec 2020 13:34 #191122 by swalts
well the machine was starting up with 1800in/min and I was trying to jog at that speed. The encoders could not keep up. pfffh!!! That machine should be able to handle 2000 in/min! :) pathetic I say... So i altered the ini file to resemble reality a little bit closer. Thing is what was once 30 in/min on the C10, looks nothing like 30 in/min in linuxcnc.
I really seems like its about half speed, 30 = approx. 4 in/min. / 60 = approx. 8 in/min
This makes me think my step rates out of the mesa are to low. The Description on the website tells me that step rates can go up to 10MHz.

So if I have 8128 pulses per revolution. What would maximum jog speed be for 200KHz (maximum frequency of the driver)? I think knowing this would at least give me a target to shoot for. I would like to keep the microstepping at 1600, but if it costs that much axial performance drop.

I will be heading out to the shop in about 30mins. Will post updated .ini and .hal at that time. Thank you for your help.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds