Qtpyvcp has no Linux CNC components

More
More
19 Oct 2021 17:44 - 19 Oct 2021 18:42 #223581 by Joco
The error suggests either the designer plugin has not been copied across per developer install instructions or a non supported OS is being used. 
Or if using a RIP install the LinuxCNC rip-environment script has not been run and/or you are not starting designer from a cli with those paths setup. 
Last edit: 19 Oct 2021 18:42 by Joco. Reason: Extra idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2021 00:47 #223610 by yi2580
I am using Ubuntu 18.04 system, running the Linux CNC rip environment script and the designer started from the script window started by the terminal. I don't know what my fault is now. I don't have these plug-ins. I hope I can get your help.
Thank you very much

More
20 Oct 2021 01:51 - 20 Oct 2021 01:53 #223614 by Joco
You followed these steps?
www.qtpyvcp.com/install/dev_install.html#qtdesigner-plugins

You also run this script from the terminal you are launching qtdesigner from before launching the designer?
<your linuxcnc rip install dir>/scripts/rip-environment

Note you need to run this in a special way either of (assuming you have cd'd into the scripts directory):
. ./rip-environment
or
source ./rip-environment

then run:
editvcp <name of ui to edit or path to UI's config.yaml>

Also, assume you have found:
www.qtpyvcp.com/tutorials/index.html

Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 01:53 by Joco.

More
20 Oct 2021 03:22 #223624 by yi2580
Yes, I did it according to the tutorial. I understand what you mean. I have started and executed the Linux CNC environment, but there is no Linux CNC control. I don't know why I don't have this control
Thank you for your answer

More
20 Oct 2021 05:10 #223629 by yi2580
Hello, I followed the tutorial steps you said

You followed these steps?
www.qtpyvcp.com/install/dev_install.html#qtdesigner-plugins

I also implemented the Linux CNC startup environment

You also run this script from the terminal you are launching qtdesigner from before launching the designer?
<your linuxcnc rip install dir>/scripts/rip-environment

Note you need to run this in a special way either of (assuming you have cd'd into the scripts directory):
. ./rip-environment
or
source ./rip-environment

then run:
editvcp <name of ui to edit or path to UI's config.yaml>

Also, assume you have found:
www.qtpyvcp.com/tutorials/index.html

You may not understand my problem. I now open qtpyvcp without a Linux CNC control. Then I think the control of linuxcnc is not loaded. Please see if my picture library is not loaded. How should I load this library?
Thank you for your reply
Attachments:

More
20 Oct 2021 05:14 #223630 by Joco
I looked again at the screen shot, that so is for python3.  And the error is complaining about not finding a supporting python3 libraray.  Have you installed the necessary python3 dependencies?

It is wanting libpython3.5

howtoinstall.co/en/libpython3.5

More
20 Oct 2021 06:13 #223633 by yi2580

I looked again at the screen shot, that so is for python3.  And the error is complaining about not finding a supporting python3 libraray.  Have you installed the necessary python3 dependencies?

It is wanting libpython3.5

howtoinstall.co/en/libpython3.5

I didn't find the libpython 3.5 library. I tried his installation command, but the installation failed. I don't know why

More
20 Oct 2021 07:47 #223637 by Joco
If you are looking to develop with qtpyvcp I would recommend you use a Debian distro (10 or 11) and not Ubuntu. If nothing else that removes a set of potential questions.
Given the shift to python3 Debian 11 (Bullseye) is an easy choice. Especially if you are already comfortable in using a rip linuxcnc install.

I have setup debian 11 following the developer instructions and things "just worked".

Cheers - J.

More
20 Oct 2021 09:21 - 20 Oct 2021 09:41 #223644 by yi2580
 I used to use glade-3 to build the interface, but I don't think glade-3 is very good-looking, so I want to use qtpyvcp to build the interface. But now there is an error. It doesn't have Linux CNC components. I use this tutorial This is the tutorial I use   
I don't know where I'm wrong,I think it may be related to these two mistakes.The first one I think is that the plug-in is not loaded. The second one is that there is no qtpy function library when starting editvcp. I attached the picture below. I hope you can help me further and make my UI more cool. Thank you here
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 09:41 by yi2580.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds