More
23 May 2022 21:21 - 23 May 2022 21:21 #243641 by TurBoss
Hello

okay lets try another way

many of the dependencies that where needed to install from pip went debian11

so we can try to install them from apt

apt install pyqt5-dev pyqt5-dev-tools

this are part of docs  recomended packages

sudo apt install python3-pyqt5 python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 python3-pyqt5.qtopengl python3-pyqt5.qsci python3-pyqt5.qtmultimedia python3-pyqt5.qtquick qml-module-qtquick-controls gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad libqt5multimedia5-plugins pyqt5-dev-tools python3-dev python3-setuptools python3-wheel python3-pip git

if you still having issues you are invited to the qtpyvcp irc matrix or discord rooms

#qtpyvcp at irc.libera.chat
#qtpyvcp:matrix.org at matrix.org
or discord discord.gg/BpsuYXePDn

thanks
Last edit: 23 May 2022 21:21 by TurBoss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2022 18:22 #243716 by tripwire
Well, thanks for trying. Nothing worked. I've reinstalled everything with apt and pip using the forced overwrite options. Any time I try to open a VCP in Qt Designer, I still get the same exact error message which is the topic of this post. Very frustrating.

More
25 May 2022 01:16 #243740 by Joco
Super basic question as didn’t see it covered. What Linux distro have you installed? The specific version. Or is it Debian 11 (Bullseye) as assumed by TurBoss above?

More
25 May 2022 01:55 #243746 by tripwire
Thanks for your input, Joco. Well, I tried for a week to fix this problem. Nothing worked. So I just reinstalled the OS--Debian 11 as per rodw's instructions. I've run into a glitch in the linuxcnc install which I posted about here .

Thanks again...

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds