User Install for Probe Basic Py3 (For Machine Control)

More
19 Mar 2023 04:02 #267059 by rodw

Thanks for the other options. I'll start by just reinstalling the OS again, I was not very happy with the gnome interface anyway, I just didn't know that it was something that could be changed. Xfce seems to be more what I am used to and sounds like it may put me one step closer to having a working install.

I documented a how to for bookworm yesterday and shared it  on the forum. Here is the direct link
docs.google.com/document/d/1jeV_4VKzVmOI...diY/edit?usp=sharing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2023 23:03 #267330 by aaroniscrazy
Totally forgot to update this after Sunday. Reinstalling debian and selecting xfce as an interface as opposed to gnome did the trick. Besides a few customizations and small bugs it is working as intended. Thanks again for the help!

More
22 Mar 2023 23:25 #267332 by Lcvette
What bugs are you experiencing?

More
22 Mar 2023 23:43 #267335 by aaroniscrazy
The feedrate and rapid override sliders both throw errors when changed. All the other sliders work just find. They both throw the following error except the error for rapid is on line 462:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtpyvcp/actions/machine_actions.py", line 399, in <lambda>
lambda v: widget.setSliderPosition(v \* 100))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: setSliderPosition(self, a0: int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'

More
23 Mar 2023 17:55 #267373 by Lcvette
weird, i can confirm i have the same slider error, I will investigate and update the .deb Files when i get the solution, thanks for the heads up!

More
23 Mar 2023 19:26 #267375 by Lcvette
UPDATE:  3/23/2023 3:21 pm EST

**Fixed Error message for sliders that occured from a change in latest pyqt5 version with float and int, now works correctly without complaining. New debs are uploaded for qtpyvcp, to update download  the latest deb version "python3-qtpyvcp_0.4-2_all.deb" and install per the updated read me docs for that section to install qtpyvcp deb file.  (Thanks Turboss!)

More
26 Mar 2023 12:53 #267524 by HoBa
I did the installation yesterday according to the instructions. Since I use a Debian with the German language settings a minor error occurred. In my Linux the directory "home/user/Pictures" does not exist. Therefore I got an error at the end of the installation. This was no problem for me, I just created the directory and installed it again. Then everything worked as desired. I just wanted to mention it here.
Thanks for the detailed help here and also to all who contribute to this forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
26 Mar 2023 16:30 #267540 by Lcvette
Thank you,  I think on the latest test branch I'm working on it will save to a created icons directory so the icons will be available from within the system icons directory when editing the launchers!

More
26 Mar 2023 17:01 - 26 Mar 2023 17:54 #267541 by KpAtch3s
Hey, reporting an issue with the install process with running the following command:

sudo dpkg -i python3-qtpyvcp_0.4-2_all.deb
(Reading database ... 179305 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack python3-qtpyvcp_0.4-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-qtpyvcp (0.4-2) over (0.4-2) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python3-qtpyvcp:
 python3-qtpyvcp depends on python3-serial; however:
  Package python3-serial is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package python3-qtpyvcp (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 python3-qtpyvcp

--Update--

Just updating that I was able to get python3 serial installed. This was initially a clean install of debian 12 from the latest ISO. I also checked to see that python3 install was up to date. I was running 3.11.2. Followed the readme and after the above error I ran the following:

sudo apt --fix-broken install python3

It wouldn't install pyserial, thus I ran

sudo apt-get install python3 followed by sudo apt --fix-broken install. It then installed python serial.

I was then able to rerun the install on qtpyvcp and probe basic.

I'm basically brand new to linux, so the above my have been a bit of a weird work around, but it got the job done.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2023 17:54 by KpAtch3s. Reason: Clarity

More
27 Mar 2023 17:50 #267615 by Lcvette
updated the read me doc to add python3-serial!  thanks!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds