User Install for Probe Basic Py3 (For Machine Control)
Do we still have the google drive link?
links in question:
Thanks in advance
File "/usr/bin/probe_basic_lathe", line 5, in <module>
from probe_basic_lathe import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'probe_basic_lathe'
Any tips on how to get the lathe GUI to work? Thanks!
thanks for the report, I just checked it was broken
i just updated probe-basic-latthe to python3-probe-basic_0.5.3-88.dev_all.deb
you can find it now in the docs or this link
I am doing a test run in a virtualbox vm before I do a real install on my linuxcnc box, since it's currently working well on axis from the linux.org 2.9 install.
- What Linux OS being used including kernel type?
Installed Debian 12.4 net version (also tried the dvd iso the first time as the machine will rarely have internet connection, same issue)
- What version of Linuxcnc is installed?
- What version of QtPyVCP and Probe Basic is installed?
- How did you install Probe Basic? Quickstart guide? Dev Guide?
Does not apply
- Have you gone through your ini and hal files and compared to the sim config files to make any changes needed?
- Have you added all of the necessary files in your config folder that probe basic needs to run?
- Have you tested the sim version to see if the problem exists there also? (if the sim functions properly, it is a good indicator your issue is in your config)
Attached a screenshot, but basically up until "sudo dpkg -i python3-qtpyvcp_4.0-45.dev_all.deb" everything goes smoothly. It's at this point it says package python3-distro is not installed. However you can see when I type in python3 into terminal it returns python 3.11.2
So I ran "sudo apt --fix-broken install" and reran the command with success. So it seems something is broken from a fresh install. I did run sudo apt update first thing.