Probe Basic ATC Setup Problems

More
15 May 2024 05:36 #300651 by Lcvette
Did you resolve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2024 11:40 #302051 by PeterSi
Sadly not :(
To be honest I have no idea where to even look at this point.
For now I have gone back to manual tool changing which works without any problems.
But I really want to get the ATC working again since it worked perfectly fine with the old setup with the only drawback being that I had to manually change the pocket numbers when I changed out a tool in the ATC which wasn't very often since I had 24 pockets. But I assume that going back to an older Linuxcnc and probebasic version will be somewhat difficult as well since I don't know what exact version I was using.

More
04 Jun 2024 02:26 #302288 by Lcvette
@PeterSi

can you join the qtpyvcp chat on matrix?  will be much easier to help resolve this then we can posat the findings for others here.

thanks!

Chris

More
04 Jun 2024 02:40 #302289 by Lcvette
also do you have customized python files in your config or are you using the latest python files included in the sim folder?

More
22 Jun 2024 20:55 #303567 by pommen
I had the same problem on a fresh install, but not using a ATC. After I entered manual tool change in HAL the tool touch off sub exited as expected. Not identical circumstances, but perhaps close enough to pinpoint the issue.

/Peter

More
25 Jun 2024 17:41 #303769 by Lcvette

Sadly not :(
To be honest I have no idea where to even look at this point.
For now I have gone back to manual tool changing which works without any problems.
But I really want to get the ATC working again since it worked perfectly fine with the old setup with the only drawback being that I had to manually change the pocket numbers when I changed out a tool in the ATC which wasn't very often since I had 24 pockets. But I assume that going back to an older Linuxcnc and probebasic version will be somewhat difficult as well since I don't know what exact version I was using.

Pommen makes a good point, this sounds like it could be your hal for the tool change type.  have a look and maybe try comparing the configs from the ATC sim hal?

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds