Installing older version of ProbeBasic on buster and linuxcnc 2.8

More
09 Oct 2024 12:34 - 09 Oct 2024 12:36 #311641 by Lcvette
dev version must be launched from the desktop only as it opens the virtual envornment via script in the launcher.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2024 12:36 by Lcvette.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2024 12:42 #311643 by Lcvette
the latest version of probe basic has shifted to using the var file to store parameters in conjunction with the pickle file. this was done so the stored parameters would be available from M6 remap subroutine is needed. it was a big update needed for those using atc but also beneficial for all, you might consider trying to use the user tabs which can be modified without needing the dev version and will never be overwritten and always be compatible with updates. it really is the smarter direction to go so you never need to worry with the corner you painted yourself into.

More
09 Oct 2024 13:58 - 09 Oct 2024 16:12 #311645 by FedX
yes i saw the luncher, but it does not work.
I open the launcher for QtDesigner from the desktop, do some changes and save it . After that i launch probeBasic via the desktop shortcut and my changes show no effect..

The user Tab is nice but does not help me as i want to use my own screen.. 

Ok i reinstalled everything and now it seems to work as expected with the dev enviroment. Maybe the issue was that i installed it with root the first time
Last edit: 09 Oct 2024 16:12 by FedX.

More
09 Oct 2024 17:35 #311663 by Lcvette
just an fyi, if you want to run this on a machine that doesn't run the ui in a virtual environment, you will need to build a deb in order to install it on a different machine system.

More
09 Oct 2024 18:03 #311664 by FedX
thanks i'll check this. So far it seems to work by overwritng the .ui and .py files with the ones i made and run my machine config. I just need to change couple of things for saving my parameters as paramsaver is not working anymore.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds