QTDragon offsets question

More
15 Jun 2021 11:26 - 15 Jun 2021 11:26 #212113 by ikkuh
Replied by ikkuh on topic QTDragon offsets question

I don't know what the status of any official work is but my remap has been working pretty well for me.

Would you care to share what you have got?
I switched over from gmoccapy a month ago, there the tool length and probing worked very nicely. I have a toolsetter, a workpieceheight probe and a spindle probe, al attached to probe-in via the OR2 component. That worked great in gmoccapy.

I have all kinds of problems using the remap in qtdragon. All the other probing works as it is supposed to, but the tlo just doesn;t work.
Tried almost all suggestions here on the forum, none works for me.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2021 11:26 by ikkuh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2021 01:58 #212164 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic QTDragon offsets question
Here you go. I think I have all of the files attached. The m6remap.ngc was based on the work of another who's name I can find at the moment. First, to set the Z height of the tool setter place the nose of the spindle just above the tool setter and run the measure_toolsetter_inch.ngc or measure_toolsetter_mm.ngc depending on your machine units. This value will be stored in G59.3. If you are going to need to use G59.3 as a normal work offset then this remap will not work.

To measure your fixed length tools, position the tool just above the tool setter and run the measure_tool_inch.ngc or measure_tool_mm.ngc as applies. This will probe the tool setter and place the tool length in the tool table. Doing normal operation tools that are in the tool table with a length greater than zero will be used without being measured. Tools that have a length of zero in the tool table will go to the tool setter and get measured before machining with that tool begins.

I added one line to the probe_z_minus_wco.ngc file. Search for JohnnyCNC to find change.
I made the following changes in qtdragon_handler.py. Search for JohnnyCNC to find changes
Stop unconditional change to metric (G21).
Stopped unneeded conversion from metric to imperial. Variables were already in imperial values.
Changed prompt to be in line with units in use.

Added these lines to the linuxcnc.var file while LinuxCNC is not running. There are where the value of the part touch-off for the active offset will be stored. G54 Z touch-off -> 4001, G55 Z touch-off -> 4002, etc
4001 0.000000
4002 0.000000
4003 0.000000
4004 0.000000
4005 0.000000
4006 0.000000
4007 0.000000
4008 0.000000

.ini file settings

[RS274NGC]
PARAMETER_FILE = linuxcnc.var
REMAP=M6 modalgroup=6 ngc=m6remap
SUBROUTINE_PATH = /home/john/linuxcnc/nc_files/probe/basic_probe/macros
SUBROUTINE_PATH = ../../../../nc_files/probe/basic_probe/macros
SUBROUTINE_PATH = macros

[TOOLSENSOR]
MAXPROBE = .5
SEARCH_VEL = 3
PROBE_VEL = 2
Z_COORD =-11.843
X_LOC = .0690
Y_LOC = 6.631
Z_PROBE_START = -3.7 <- The machine will rapid to this Z and then start a somewhat slow probe
Z_PROBE_DISTANCE = -5.95 <- for this distance until it contacts the tool setter.

Note: The value in Z_PROBE_START must be high enough for the longest tool to be above the tool setter. The value in Z_PROBE_DISTANCE must be large enough for the shortest tool to reach the tool setter.

[PROBE]
LENGTH = 4.027841 <- This is the length of my 3D probe

File Attachment:

File Name: m6remap_20...6-15.ngc
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: measure_to...6-15.ngc
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Name: probe_z_mi...6-15.ngc
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: qtdragon_handler.py
File Size:39 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: set_toolsetter.ngc
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds