Save file sort parameters between sessions

More
02 Nov 2021 10:57 #224974 by rodw
Nah, I got it down pat. I started it off as I walked past and then the world caught up with me. First couple of days of the month is always hectic and today we also received a significant export order to sort out so no time much for hobbies.
git pull, make clean, make -j 4
I added make clean to the process as I got caught with files being removed recently with qt plasmac and it does add to the compile time.

I was running make on my chromebook  as I read this

The good news is the changes have stuck and even on this non standard hardware!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2021 12:34 #225099 by rodw
 I tested this out finally today and its working perfect on my machine So thanks Chris.
Also thanks to Tesremos for requesting this in the background that prompted me to raise this.

Only trouble is he'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade his system to enjoy his new feature. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley

More
03 Nov 2021 12:42 #225102 by tommylight
Off topic but i am sure Rod needs this and others might also if they deal with e-commerce :

More
04 Nov 2021 07:57 #225207 by rodw
Tommy, I even watched it!
ecommerce lifts the bar so much but we live on the edge as a self hosted solution,  not on AWS!
My ecommerce consultant spend AUD $140k on IT infrastructure at his house and added 3 phase power to cool it!
We moved off AWS, costs came down and performance went up! The only part of our infrastructure left on AWS is our load balancer and only for Google's spiders who mark us on Core web vitals which are a ranking factor for mobile performance. They crawl us from the US so its a lot slower than from Australia.  Our Aussie customers would get content quicker if we hosted the load balancer.  We run 3 instances of all of our systems and there is auto failover if one goes down. That happened yesterday on our ERP system for the first time in 4 months. We run dev servers and production servers for testing. We also have final  failover back to AWS in Sydney.
All of our code is managed in GIT and we use a CI/CD  (Continuous improvement/Continuous integration) development flow. There is very fine grained control of commits to production and its very quick and easy to roll back.

Needless to say everything is opensource :) except for a windows print server that allows us to use a remote printing solution so our ERP system can print direct to our printers behind our firewall without any client software on our PC's. Its a very cool system I designed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds