QTDragon operation

More
11 Aug 2023 18:04 #277654 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic QTDragon operation
I just pushed to 2.9/master, modifications to qtdragon (not hd) for displaying/screen jogging 5 axis.
axis 4 and 5 can be any axis (besides XYZ)
I have included sample configs for xyzab and xyzac,
I've only tested basic moving/homing in simulation- I don't have a 5 axis machine.

If anyone tests please give feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw, ikkuh, Vector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2023 05:39 #278325 by Vector
Replied by Vector on topic QTDragon operation
I'm having an error pop up, but if I click close, everything seems fine.

So it's a low priority... but... what the heck is it?

When I click the ESTOP - Set button, or the ESTOP - Rest button, or the Machine On button (but not the Machine Off button, ie, I'm turning it from On to off) I get a small modal window message: Operator Error, Bad Character 0 used. There are three button options: Show Last Five, Clear, and Close. If I Close or Clear the message box closes, and if I'd clicked Clear then the next time the message box appears, there's only one "bad character 0" line.

I'm on LinuxCNC ver: 2.9.0~pre1.1076.gcb0aa52ce, & Debian 12
Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2023 07:52 #278330 by cmorley
Is this a sample config or your own ?

Do you have an 'on_abort' file in the config folder. it would be called in those button situations - maybe there is an O instead of a zero somewhere.

reading the terminal text after running from a terminal may give a clue.

I have pushed the work to fix the buttons of the 4th and 5th axis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vector

More
21 Aug 2023 05:16 - 21 Aug 2023 05:47 #278584 by Vector
It is my own.

I do have an "on_abort.ngc" file, copied from the QTDragon install page, and located in the configuration subdirectory nc_subroutines.

Though that error appears, the machine so far seems to be operating (ie, it's jogging), but I'm still trying to set up and use the probe routines.

First question might need to move to the tool/probe thread: I've been able to get the basic tool probe motion motion to work: Go to Tool Tab, click the tool and load it with M61 On, then click Touch Plate... it goes through the proper motions, but it doesn't fill the Z offset for the tool. I have the touch plate height filled in, I would have thought the tool offset would be the absolute Z minus the touch plate height. I'm still trying to sort out what I'm missing there.

Second question (it's a set) because in the process of getting to the first question, I've found more errors, I haven't been able to sort these out either:

1. From the Tool Probe screen, when I click the option to "Go To Tool Setter" I get the Operator Error: "Probe Routine: Missing toolsetter setting: z_max_clear"    (I haven't found that yet)
2. When I go to Offsets tab, the Tool Sensor X/Y location is not the one I put in the .ini file, so I put it in.
3. After that, when I press "Go To Sensor" my machine times out... is there a place to change the CALL_MDI_WAIT timeout? Is that advisable? Sometimes the log file says the timeout was 5 seconds, and sometimes it was 10 seconds. Why two different times?

(I have a very strangely shaped machine: super tall and long, so this 'timeout' thing makes sense to happen to few other people)

I'm attaching the terminal log, the .ini file, and the .hal files.

Thanks for any help.

(Sorry it took me so long to respond, it's been hurricane prep her in sunny southern California. wow. )
Last edit: 21 Aug 2023 05:47 by Vector. Reason: Found entries in the log that explained some issues, clarified remaining questions.

More
21 Aug 2023 07:33 #278588 by Vector
Quick update, I found the text for "bad characters" leads to the .po file /src/po/pt_BR.po 

This tells us I'm creating the error in the [RS274NGC] section, as src\emc\rs274ngc\interp_read.cc  is attempting to read that block in the .ini file.

First question: why does this line read:
ON_ABORT_COMMAND=0 <on_abort> call

Because the error "Bad character '0' used" seems to kinda point the 0 on that line. 

In the .ini file. it's clearly a 0 (zero) not a O (letter o). (I even re-typed it by hand to be sure there wasn't some kind of invisible ASCII character in there, no luck.)

Second question: on the website linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/qtdragon.html

the first line of the Subroutine_path = ends in a semicolon (;), should it end in a colon? (:) like the next line?
And also, the default path for remap_lib seems to have changed: it no longer includes ngcgui_lib.

Sadly, changing/fixing/or breaking those lines in subroutine_path do not change the error message behavior.

I couldn't attach my on_abort or preferences file to the previous post, so I've attached them to this one.
Also, I made changes to the .ini to try and fix this, but since they don't fix it, I'm attaching the updated .ini file as well.
Attachments:

More
21 Aug 2023 07:44 #278589 by Vector
Doh!

So it is supposed to be an O (as in OMG) and not a 0 (as in, I'm a zero)... I clearly got it confused.

I've changed that around, and now that error message is gone.

Sorry for the text wasted.

My other problems with probing still exist. Should I repost that in: forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/48995-qtdragon-probing-issues

More
30 Aug 2023 09:34 - 30 Aug 2023 09:35 #279361 by Vector
For future travelers: The documentation at the QtDragon screen was missing a parameter that needed to be set for the "travel to toolsetter" option to work.

To fix the "Probe Routine: Missing toolsetter setting: z_max_clear"  error:

Under:
[VERSA_TOOLSETTER]
add:
Z_MAX_CLEAR = zzz

where zzz is the absolute z-coordinate for safe travel to the tool setter.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2023 09:35 by Vector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

More
31 Aug 2023 04:25 #279443 by cmorley
pushed some fixes to the docs - thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vector

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds