LinuxCnc logo

More
06 Dec 2022 08:14 #258678 by AlexMagToast
Replied by AlexMagToast on topic LinuxCnc logo
Hi, thank you for your quick reply.
I agree with you, i also liked the pale blue the most, since it matches the text color. I couldn't upload to the forum, so i published them on Github.
github.com/AlexmagToast/Icons4LinuxCNC

In there are the icons i shared earlyer again but also all the manuals icons for each language. I also changed the text to path as rodw once suggested in this thread.
Also included is the file with Text still being Text (Chip_manual_RAW.svg), so it can be easily changed if i misspelled something.

Additionally i made a Chip_manual_icon.svg. Which has no text and i think this could be better suitable for very small icons like favicon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if i can still do something for you.
cheers, Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2022 09:39 #258683 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic LinuxCnc logo
As you have a GitHub could I ask you to make a pull-request to LinuxCNC (2.9 Branch) to put them in here: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/2.9/de...icolor/scalable/apps
That way the authorship, copyright etc remains clear.
(In fact if the comment could state that they are submitted under the terms of GPL Version 2 that would be even better)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexMagToast

More
06 Dec 2022 12:17 #258690 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic LinuxCnc logo

I like the reading glasses.
I think that the pale blue book cover probably gives the best visibility in a small icon. (It's the most different from the penguin-colour and the background)
+1

+1

This is neat; great work!

More
06 Dec 2022 12:25 #258691 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic LinuxCnc logo
Probably pedantic, but can I request that the file names be all lowercase?  It follows the file structure for the project that way, and is easier with linux being case-sensitive.  

Which reminds me, I put chips plasma to work for the qtplasmac project.  I need to change the file name there as well... :) 

Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexMagToast

More
08 Dec 2022 16:27 #258896 by AlexMagToast
thank you very much for your kind feedback, guys!

I have to admit this is my first pull request, but i think i got it done. It should be out with the title:

adding new Icons for LinuxCNC and its manuals #2192

Hope i did everything right.
I also did rename everything as requested by snowgoer540. all lowercase and i also renamed them to the old naming sceme. so they should just replace the originals without issues.
in a seperate folder i included the "source" files, so in the future changes can be easily done.
also you'll find the linuxcnc_alt folder, which contains the alternative linuxcnc icons. (lathe, plasma, waterjet, laser and probe)
The following user(s) said Thank You: trilobyte, tommylight, Clive S, snowgoer540

More
10 Dec 2022 22:49 - 10 Dec 2022 22:52 #259152 by XXCoder
Replied by XXCoder on topic LinuxCnc logo
Oops been sick so long and health issues that I completely forgot to upload my vector art. Here it is.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Dec 2022 22:52 by XXCoder. Reason: svg not allowed? Okay heress zip lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Dec 2022 22:51 - 10 Dec 2022 22:53 #259153 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic LinuxCnc logo
Where?
:)
Edit,
Shame on me
Glad to have you back.
Last edit: 10 Dec 2022 22:53 by tommylight. Reason: more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: XXCoder

More
02 May 2023 16:15 #270490 by AlexMagToast
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to take the time and thank you for beeing such a nice community.
I am very happy that the Logos have been merged into LinuxCNC and I think it is great fun to work for the LinuxCNC project. I've started a couple other projects, but that is offtopic in this thread.
If you need more Icons or graphics stuff for LinuxCNC overall, i will happily try to supply it, please don't hesitate to contact me.

If you're interested, i've made Video about how i got LinuxCNC 2.10 installed and at the end also talk about the Icons and our Conversation here.

Thanks again,
- Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds