Workshop update

More
16 Apr 2019 23:43 #131018 by tommylight
Workshop update was created by tommylight
Here is a before and after of my workshop, after nearly two weeks of cleaning and hammering and drilling and cleaning again ! This is only the part mostly used, so about 1/4 of the total space. Still have to clean the rest but that goes much easier, big things easy to place.
All in all, to many small parts, wayyyyyy to many, took to long !

See if you can spot the Mesa boards !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius, thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2019 07:16 #131045 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Workshop update
On and under the shelf on the wall right hand side, above the microwave.
Nice idea with the din rail
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Grotius

More
17 Apr 2019 17:08 #131062 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Workshop update
You that is it !
Have to look where did i miss place the 7i92!
Also there is a 7i74 above the long shelf and to the right of where the other boards are, run out of DIN rail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
23 Dec 2019 08:42 #153085 by machinedude
Replied by machinedude on topic Workshop update
This has been my task for the last few week. sometimes it gets to a point where you can't take it and something has to be done. it's amazing how much junk builds up over the years. over the last 25 year every time i moved i think something ended up in this building as storage. not to mention a manual mill makes a huge mess with no enclosure working on big projects.

i have gone a step further and have to deal with some repairs to my building. i have things stable for now but the roof is going to need some work real soon. i built my work shop when i was 22 years old i'm pushing 47 now :) it was a lot easier to do this kind of work when i was in my twenties :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Grotius, thefabricator03

More
24 Dec 2019 06:38 #153151 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Workshop update
Clearly your workshops are far too big. When I took over my 2.4m x 4.8m shed as a workshop, I had to do a $500 makeover in a garden shed to get the garden stuff out and another $1500 storage makeover in my mini shed before I could fit in. If I kept it clean, it was really productive but it sucked when I Was doing more than one job at a time. Now I've migrated to an industrial unit, I don't have much more room for the workshop so I think I need to do another make over up there. (Planned for the new year).

More
24 Dec 2019 12:18 #153158 by machinedude
i would not call 700 sq ft to big by any means. i wish i would have built it bigger :) the one good thing i did was make the ceiling height 10 feet and go with the largest residential garage door i could get. i can't remember if that was 7 or 8 feet high?

if a hit the big time i can always go big in my back yard :) i have the space for a good sized commercial sized building if i had too expand.

buildings are not cheap so i see myself making do with what i have for a long time. i know i spent around 20k to 25K 25 years ago and built it myself.

after 25 years it's ready for some upkeep at this point.so in the next year or two that's getting closer to the top of the list.

More
02 Jan 2020 23:01 #153832 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Workshop update
Man that shop is looking neat now. The biggest improvement to my shop was converting the T8 fixtures to LED. I thought I had a photo somewhere of that but can only find one of the lean to.

JT
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Grotius

More
06 Jan 2020 00:29 #154120 by machinedude
yeah i had two weekends cleaning stuff up and redoing the ceiling in my home shop since i had an unwanted guest in my attic that made a real mess of things. i had some long weekends from the holidays to button things up. so for the last month the shop building has been my focus. it sucks having to regroup but being able to move around with out tripping over Sh!t is nice too. now to clean up the mess from me fixing stuff.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Jan 2020 04:35 #154123 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Workshop update
Neat ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: machinedude

More
08 Jan 2020 23:43 #154360 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Workshop update
Spent much of christmas throwing my dad's collection of potentially useful metal things in to a skip. We have concluded he won't suddenly be getting better and returning to his hobbies :-(
And I have decided that even if there was something I wanted, I would get one from eBay rather than drive a 500 mile round trip.
Final tally was 2.75 tonnes of stuff including 220kg of electric motors. Cashed in for £338.
Naturally this excludes all the machine tools and the more interesting engines.
50+ years of having too much space. First a 2-storey stable block, and then a whole spare house and attached barn.

He had 35 electric motors stashed away. (All single phase, that being what he found useful). I have only 8 in my spare bedroom. (all brushless servos, ditto). I may yet catch him up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds