Workshop update

More
15 Feb 2020 10:37 #157416 by BeagleBrainz
Replied by BeagleBrainz on topic Workshop update
I'm pretty sure I could store it for you Rod. I'll put it in the Loungeroom with a throw rug over and I'm pretty sure my flatmate wouldn't notice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2020 10:39 - 15 Feb 2020 10:40 #157417 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Workshop update

I'm pretty sure I could store it for you Rod. I'll put it in the Loungeroom with a throw rug over and I'm pretty sure my flatmate wouldn't notice.

Maybe its a partnership and you can be the Brainz of the outfit. So how far from Brisbane do you live? Maybe I should sell the spaceship to make room... Oh now I just remembered he with the most tools wins!
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 10:40 by rodw.

More
15 Feb 2020 10:42 #157418 by BeagleBrainz
How far from Brizzy ?

About 12 hours on a TTR-250 (yes I've actually done it a few times)

More
15 Feb 2020 10:49 #157419 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Workshop update

How far from Brizzy ?

About 12 hours on a TTR-250 (yes I've actually done it a few times)

I think you need to upgrade to a bike like Andy rides! That should get it down to 3 hours...

I paid $4k for my manual lathe so I guess its pretty good value.

Seriously though, I'd like to tackle a retrofit but becasue I've never had anything to do with machines like this, I don't know where to start and what to look for or if I could keep the existing motors...

More
15 Feb 2020 10:52 #157420 by BeagleBrainz
3 hours.......that would mean a Hyabusa ;)

I think I'll stick with my Monster.

Yeah it'd be a pretty big undertaking, but I'm pretty sure the Brains Trust on the forum could walk ya through it.

More
15 Feb 2020 11:47 - 15 Feb 2020 13:58 #157425 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Workshop update
I need to have a chat with a guy in Korea ( south, not north, luckily, or it would come with some nukes attached to it ), he has the complete set of manuals for my machine. Back then i had no way of payment that he could use, maybe that has changed. He was asking 50$, so very reasonable as that would save me about a week of trying to figure out what each of over 80 relays do.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 13:58 by tommylight. Reason: Mis spelled a country's name! Shame on me!

More
15 Feb 2020 12:51 #157432 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Workshop update

I need to have a chat with a guy in Kerea ( south, not north, luckily, or it would come with some nukes attached to it ), he has the complete set of manuals for my machine. Back then i had no way of payment that he could use, maybe that has changed. He was asking 50$, so very reasonable as that would save me about a week of trying to figure out what each of over 80 relays do.

Tom could I get it for you and bring it over next time I pop over to Kosovo B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Feb 2020 14:00 #157439 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Workshop update

Tom could I get it for you and bring it over next time I pop over to Kosovo B)

I will check with him and let you know.
Thank you very much, much appreciated !

More
15 Feb 2020 14:11 #157440 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Workshop update
your welcome always:)

More
16 Feb 2020 08:49 #157509 by machinedude
Replied by machinedude on topic Workshop update

i bought a lathe of this size a long time ago.

My first LinuxCNC machine was very similar, possibly the next size up, and stretched to make it even more flexible?
photos.app.goo.gl/rPjjeDM39otnvJYg9

It even featured in my surprisingly popular YouTube video:

with over 200,000 views i would say yeah it was pretty popular. i never tried to incorporate the mill as any sort of 4th axis. i was turned off by the lack of travel with the machine i have. i put the head on a t slot frame by itself but that frame was way to light for milling in general. it did a lot better after i set 2 double 6" vises on it but was still to light. i kinda lost interest with building for a while after my brother passed away from cancer. now it's back on the table with the gantry machine i am working on now.a multi process machine with individual head attachments for different processes is my plan. limited electrical service space prohibits multiple machines and lack of space for more than what i have already are other factors.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds