Workshop update

More
09 Jan 2020 20:53 #154489 by HiioHoi
Replied by HiioHoi on topic Workshop update
Hi,

I have to contribute to this topic also. My workshop size is 1,4x2,1m and I have done some progress today. Added Kallax shelf and workdesk which is of course extra supported from back. Next thing to do is clean up milling machine wiring and move computer and controlbox to top of the milling machine enclosure. Currently I am waiting to arrive beefy 24v power supply to remove all laptop power supplies. I will add another photo when all things are done.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2020 21:12 #154492 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Workshop update
Neat little shop, thank you.

More
10 Jan 2020 23:08 #154589 by machinedude
Replied by machinedude on topic Workshop update
thanks to tommy i have my eyes set on some peg board organization solutions :) for some reason i do better with keeping track of stuff if it's all out in the open :) i need all the help i can get :)

More
27 Jan 2020 08:47 #155880 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Workshop update
is the BOX Noice or Dust related
the HF Spindel doesent like closed frames on long time part millings

More
27 Jan 2020 10:00 #155887 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Workshop update

Hi,

I have to contribute to this topic also. My workshop size is 1,4x2,1m and I have done some progress today. Added Kallax shelf and workdesk which is of course extra supported from back. Next thing to do is clean up milling machine wiring and move computer and controlbox to top of the milling machine enclosure. Currently I am waiting to arrive beefy 24v power supply to remove all laptop power supplies. I will add another photo when all things are done.

Small spaces are fun. My shed was 2.4 x 4.8mm. I'd love to se a few more photos of your optimum Conversion. Very nice with linear rails and all!

More
27 Jan 2020 11:39 - 27 Jan 2020 11:40 #155893 by BeagleBrainz
Replied by BeagleBrainz on topic Workshop update
I'd add a picture of my shed...but I'm in the process of trying to remove all traces of my last attempt to swing a cat. (I hate playing "Where is that smell coming from") ;)

Maybe once I finish off the chip tray for the mill I might be able to get in there to take a pic or 2.

HiioHoi a tip of the hat for being able to get organised in such a small space.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2020 11:40 by BeagleBrainz.

More
31 Jan 2020 19:41 #156273 by HiioHoi
Replied by HiioHoi on topic Workshop update
Here is few photos of my conversion and my new 90% finished workshop.

I used original leadscrew for z-axis and banjo for easy stepper motor mounting. I hope pics will tell full story but if you have questions please ask.

More
01 Feb 2020 11:34 #156297 by machinedude
i bought a lathe of this size a long time ago. the model i bought is actually discontinued now so i guess that makes it old now even though it seem like i just bought it not to long ago.

i converted mine a while back but kept the basic machine untouched other than adding motors and a ball screw on the z azis. i'm actually going to try to mount the milling head on the 4' x 8' gantry table i'm working on to see if i can gain a light duty gantry mill. i know it will work on aluminum the rest is to be determined still. the one i got was a combo machine and had the milling head attachment and it should end up looking something like this when i get done with it.

the lathe is going to get redone soon as well i would like to loose the step pulley v belt drive and switch to a servo motor instead.
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2020 11:57 #156301 by machinedude

i actually picked one of these up to mount on the head to make tool changing a little more steam lined as well. limited gantry height is going to limit me to this type of set up so i don't get tooling sticking out to much.
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2020 11:59 #156302 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Workshop update
this will give you nice Part option when it is finished
are you under suggestion to get the Spindle to a indexed CAxis as well
with a 2Way Setup as Lathe mill combination
a good modern stepper Driver can reach 2000U/min at 800steps/rev
consider this to be a Hybrid

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds