My Grizzly G0619 mill

More
30 Jun 2020 23:10 #173238 by my1987toyota
This is my grizzly G0619 3 axis mill. When I bought it it was a manual mill with a 2 axis DRO. A lot has changed since then
and soon more could change as well. I am currently looking into doing LinuxCnC instead of the Mach3 that it currently has
This is only one of a few different candidates that I am looking into with LinuxCnC. Another one is a pick and place machine
were I work and possibly an old Centrum punch press. Feel free to Check out my YouTube channel to see how my project has progressed
https://youtu.be/ZjcXwtLWYvU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2020 09:59 #173303 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
I have a Seig SX3 still in manual mode with DRO's. A friend in my street has one as a CNC that he bought new from Syil who now make CNC mills in their own right. They are a nice mill and I love the tapping. I bought it at the same time as a Chinese lathe and I have to say the Seigs are a very well made machine by comparison. The company I bought it from gave up Seig not long after that and took up Optimum. The Seig is waaay better in my view... My friend has done a power of work on his as he does a lot of small prototyping work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
01 Jul 2020 17:55 #173328 by my1987toyota
Replied by my1987toyota on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
Thanks rodw .Even in manual configuration they are a nice machine. I also really love the fact that Z is right there in front next to the Y axis instead of way up top on the column like other machines. If I was to do it over again and buy a machine to convert straight to CNC I would probably have gone with a Precision Matthews PM30MV though I don't have direct experience with that machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds