My Grizzly G0619 mill

More
29 May 2023 04:32 #272400 by my1987toyota
Replied by my1987toyota on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
If your referring to the boards with only white and blue wires going to them with the fuse holder in the middle then yes
One is for mainly inductive loads, fans, relays, ect.the other is for switches and such for the 7i76e .
If your referring to the 2 boards on the left side wall then they are break out boards for the 2 DB37 connectors that I
am using. One to the G0619 itself and the other to the Human Machine Interface / computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, spumco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2023 23:15 #273433 by my1987toyota
    So I installed the controller and had my first moves last weekend. I have a basic for now configuration.
I am trying to retain power taping and just waiting for a part . I finished step / travel calibration.
Today I installed a tool height sensor. All was going well until. I went to set the maximum X travel to
determine the sensors location and was completely oblivious to the fact I was at the end of the X axis
glass scale's travel and shattered it. .
To add insult to injury the manufacturer of the DRO isn't making that model of scale anymore.
So now I either buy and install an entirely new DRO system or do without the X axis dro . I guess
the only up side is I had already did the steps per inch travel calibration.
if their was ever a "Case of the Mondays" ( Office Space reference ) this was it.

More
13 Jun 2023 03:09 #273439 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
Sorry to hear about your scales. That would be shattering!

As much as I love the tapping feature on my Seig SX3 look alike and I've tapped thousands of holes using it), I can't really see how useful it woud be on a CNC mill.

Instead, consider thread milling. NYCNC has a lesson on it using F360 and it is just so simple I have no idea why people bother with rigid tapping!
I have an M8 x 1.25 thread mill and if I buy the right bolts, I can do M8, M10 and M12 threads using it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
13 Jun 2023 09:18 #273456 by my1987toyota
Thanks rodw. I see what you did there. I think Rigid Tapping makes sense on full scale production CNC machines . That said unless the machine
has an ATC it's WAAYY overkill. Plus in the case of the SX3 / G0619 although having a cogged belt drive system
still has to drive through a spline because of the quill. As such Rigid tapping isn't a good idea.
  I have never tried thread milling, I guess I will have to give it go soon. The reason I am keeping the power tapping
function is out of convenience .  I already have a spindle motor / controller capable of doing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
13 Jun 2023 09:43 #273459 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
These guys are the thread milling experts and they are on the right side of the world for you.
www.alliedmachine.com/Home.aspx
They have some very good  videos.
Ask them for their thread milling info pack. They sent it to me In Australia. It even has sample gcode from memory!

More
13 Jun 2023 22:09 #273518 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
What type of encoding do your scales use? I am using quadrature scales made by Jenix that I got from Linear Measuring Systems Company. I got them as an upgrade from digital caliper type scales.

I do rigid tapping on my Sieg X3 and it works great. I have a DYN4 1.8kw servo motor driving the spindle with a toothed belt and an optical sensor on the spindle for the index. I have a thread mill but haven't tried it yet.

More
14 Jun 2023 19:40 #273549 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill

I have a thread mill but haven't tried it yet.

For those of you who haven't tried threadmilling yet, the NYCCNC folks have published a very useful spreadsheet that helps with threadmilling calcs.  Gets the pitch diameter offset right on the first try so you don't have to do multiple test cuts for the fit you want.

Only time I had an issue was thread milling HDPE panels and the customer wanted a really snug fit - had to walk those in due to material springback.

Spreadsheet is on the NYCCNC web site, and there's a handy YT vid explaining the math and concepts.

More
14 Jun 2023 21:59 #273555 by my1987toyota

What type of encoding do your scales use? I am using quadrature scales made by Jenix that I got from Linear Measuring Systems Company. I got them as an upgrade from digital caliper type scales.

I do rigid tapping on my Sieg X3 and it works great. I have a DYN4 1.8kw servo motor driving the spindle with a toothed belt and an optical sensor on the spindle for the index. I have a thread mill but haven't tried it yet.

I think the scales are quadrature, but I haven't checked yet. they're made by Easson I believe it's A GS10-400.

I am surprised that you don't have an issue with the spline putting too much slop into the system when you reverse direction. Good
on you that you got it to work reliably.

More
14 Jun 2023 22:39 #273556 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic My Grizzly G0619 mill
I mostly tap 3mm to 6mm holes. I think I have about 1.3 degrees of slop. So far so good. Thread milling would be great for large threads. It would put a lot less strain on the machine than trying to push a large tap through the hole.

Those GS10 scales look just like the ones I have with a different plug.

More
14 Jun 2023 22:48 #273557 by my1987toyota
From what I have seen around the net the pin outs are kind of all over the place some use an A and a B others A, B, and R.
most use a DB9 connector . I still have a bunch more research to do on it . I will look into the Jenix ones as well.

Today when I got home from work I wired in the last part for the Power Tapping function. Now I just need to write a code to
toggle M3 and M4 when I do tapping.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds