Spartan 6 FPGA card 9D60

More
28 Dec 2023 04:11 #289226 by cornholio
A more polished setup, based on modified 7c81 firmware with either EPP or SPI interface, firmware can be customised for the usaul stepgens, encoders, pwm, smart serial etc.
60 I\O Pins
3 Mesa compatible DB25 connectors via box headers ie some pins can be jumpered for GND or 5 volts. If all pins GND pins connected to GND cab be used with generic parallel port BoBs.
1 10x2 header with 6 GPIOs
1 5x1 header with 3 GPiOS
4 Leds (not installed on prototype) not for general io use
Can be used with just the dev board and right hand board (if using SPI approx 12 can be configured via rebuilt firmware)
All IO 5v tolerant except for SPI, 3.3v only
Only smd components are the chips, rest is thru hole for ease of assembly
Needs driver (modified hm2_7i90) have working sources
Mesaflash needs modding to work with this setup, once again have working sources
Dev board available on Aliexpress, blue PCBs could used with other suitable FPGA cards with custom cable or pcb to align signals.
Cards can either get power from dev board, or via screw terminals. One blue pcb can supply dev board and other blue pcb with 5 volts.
Whilst I did mod the dev board, changeed size of eeprom & changed the topside male connectors to underside female connectors this isn't absolutely required.
Big thanks to Pete from Mesa for all his help and making FPGA sources available and easy to use.

Also thanks to Donno forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...-7c81?start=0#273546
And gtt38 forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3639...i90hd?start=0#130972
for inspiration and extra infos.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, tommylight, 0x2102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds